Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 20th, 2016 07:00

Multiple Customer Numbers all under one Dell Login

Hello,

I've made several Dell purchases over the last 6 months and found under my order history, only one of my purchases are listed.

So far, I've received each item, but I am curious why my orders are not showing up.

Oddly, each order has a unique customer number.  Maybe that is by design, but I assumed customer ID would be unique 1:1.  Meaning each login ID has one corresponding customer number.

Am I missing something?

The real reason I ask, is that I ordered a laptop a few days back. I got the order confirmation detail, but when I try to look up the status, the system is unable to locate the order.

I've tried looking it up by Order ID, Customer ID, and DPID, all fail.

Anyone have any idea on what might be going on?

Thanks!

9.4K Posts

February 23rd, 2016 09:00

Hi mack_1979,

Thanks for posting on the Forum.

I apologize for the confusion with your recent order.  Generally each department you order from will give you a customer number.  I personally have 5 customer numbers, one from Home Sales, one from Outlet sales, one from Electronics and Accessories, and well, you get the idea.

The online tool is a bit behind the ordering tool, so orders sometimes take a few days to a week to show up on the website.

I'd be glad to look this up for you, please contact me privately and include the order number, customer number, and DPID.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!