Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 1st, 2016 17:00

Need to post a desktop question, but no "New Post" button.

I looked into a few groups to see where I might ask some questions related to more than one of my systems (a desktop and a server).  I wanted to ask about the desk top question first, but when I go into the desktop group, there is no "New Post" button.

When I went to this group (CustCareBoard), I saw the New Post button, and when I go to the Servers groups, I see a new-post button -- but not in desktop. 

Why am I not able to post in the Desktop group?  Can you tell me how to fix it, or can you fix it?

Thanks much!

L.A. Walsh

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 2nd, 2016 07:00

If you go to the parent board, you will not see the New Post button. You have to open the specific child board (Audio, General Hardware, Video) to see the New Post button.

14 Posts

June 1st, 2016 18:00

Yes -- I am logged in.  I could see buttons to post in the group as well as the server group, just not in the Desktop group.

I just checked again -- and still no "New Post" button -- but I am still logged in and still see the buttons in the other forums I looked in. .  How can I be logged in to post this, or post in Servers, but not in Desktops?   So strange!

;-(

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 1st, 2016 18:00

Were you logged in?

Desktop General Hardware:

No Events found!