Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2016 19:00

Needed computer for school - order cancelled with no explanation

My daughter needed a new computer meeting certain specifications to start grad school. First mistake was calling Dell. Order was placed and she was given a delivery date of August 17. She told the rep she needed it by the 15th.  He told her no problem,  he would get it expedited to the 15th. Second mistake,  belieVing a Dell rep. Now, yesterday,  August 10 she gets an email from Dell saying her order has been canceled,  no explanation why. Tried the "Live Chat", total waste of time. Couldn't answer any questions with anything but "You need to replace the order" or " I don't have that information". Finally got a phone number that stated they were open until 9PM. Tried it twice,  dis connected both times. Tried a different number I found on my own,  not answered after 7 PM. Mistake 3, belieVing Dell had decent customer service. Non-existant. Now, on Thursday night,  we are scrambling to find a computer by Monday. I'm going to call those numbers again tomorrow, probably be answered in Bangladesh but calling anyway. Final mistake,  buying Dell products. That is one mistake that won't be repeated. I would welcome a response from  someone at Dell on this board.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 16th, 2016 17:00

Hi sofedupwithincompetence, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this order cancellation may have caused. Dell strives to provide an enjoyable purchase experience for all our customers.

Usually, a system or product will ship on or before its Estimated Shipping Date (ESD). Occasionally, however, vendor-related issues may delay the manufacture and subsequent shipment of an order, sometimes resulting in an order cancellation. When an order needs to be cancelled, we generally try to provide an email notification. I sincerely regret you did not receive any notification of the cancellation. 

It's genuinely sad to lose a longtime, loyal customer, no matter the reason. I would be happy to look into this matter on your behalf. If you still need assistance, please reply to my email and provide the requested information. 

Respectfully,
Lorna

No Events found!