Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 22nd, 2012 23:00

Negative experience with Dell support!

8 months ago I bought  Vostro V131. I quite accept technical parameters. But now I`m very upset with experience of possession by the laptop. Namely – the DELL service.

5 months later after purchase the right hing of a cover broke. Addressed in a support , breakage was eliminated on a guarantee.

A month ago the left hing broke. Addressed in a support service on Dell  hot line. I was redirected to an authorized service center. In service center 7 days only defined – a waranty case or not. Concerning a delay I called again to the hot line. Call center agent Dell was very impolite, and told that a delay not Dell problem, and told that I solved itself the problems. Although I addressed on the service, which I recommended in the Dell support!

8 days later I received the answer from the authorized service center – my case for some reason recognized non-waaranty.  I was ready to pay already for repair (as the laptop I use for work), so to me told that the spare part needs to wait for 4-5 weeks! Its impossible:  4-5 weeks without laptop!

I owned Acer, Asus earlier, and similar problems never arose! Dell  - good laptop, but because of such service policy I won't become any more buy Dell electronics!

I live in KIev, Ukraine, and meant Ukrainian Dell service and authorized center MUK

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 25th, 2012 02:00

All that I want - to understand: the situation which has arisen with me - is typical for Dell service?

If so, then you can close this topic, I have no more questions to Dell...

Thanks

Sergey

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 2nd, 2013 23:00

"Great" communication - no response to my post.

Never buy a DELL!

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 09:00

Hi FFARK,

Thanks for contacting us regarding your customer service experience. Dell strives to provide an efficient, first-time resolution for every concern.  While I realize that only our future interactions can restore your confidence in us completely, I want to assure you that Dell always aims to provide customers with a satisfying and enjoyable purchase experience.

Please provide the following customer account information. I am happy to forward your concerns to customer service representatives supporting the Ukraine.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Service Tag Number:
Order Number:

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Lorna

1 Message

January 3rd, 2013 16:00

This yet another sad tale of non delivery of XPS8500- order date 25th Nov and after  5 dates starting 12th Dec the latest is now 9th Jan. Had I seen these posts I would have gone elsewhere. Customer services will not tell me what components are still awaited or are not allowed to disclose that info. I have offered to vary the components to get the machine delivered without further delay. But no, Dell hide behind the contract terms - no changes after order. Not very commercial Dell. The lack of openness and honesty when accepting the order and since is extremely annoying and one has to question the business ethics of Dell

No doubt they would like to see me cancel the order as the price has gone up since the order. The configuration was as per the sales site plus 2 pieces of software. This a far from pleasant experience and now doubt Lorna will reply with her usual platitudes

January 3rd, 2013 20:00

Hi Lorna,

Oh my.  I am shocked to read that "Dell strives to provide an efficient, first-time resolution for every concern.  While I realize that only our future interactions can restore your confidence in us completely, I want to assure you that Dell always aims to provide customers with a satisfying and enjoyable purchase experience."   

I am sitting here looking at a laptop I bought for son who had such a dismal experience with your service department while the machine was under warranty that HE GAVE UP and asked me to purchase a MAC.   I have spoken with Dell upon occasion and understand his sentiments completely.   Within the first few months of owning this machine his time was spent dealing with your dismal service people who NEVER sent him a new battery or resolved the issue. 

What to do?  Dell did zip to repair or send a replacement battery.  The bios calls it AC adaptor type unknown-odd with the big  dell embossed on the charger.   And what ????   No service people for home/consumer products in the USA?   Can't find any workers here? 

Thanks for being such a disgusting company that  my son wanted a new laptop within 3 months of my buying the dell!!!   Since your people refused to fix this completely when it was in warranty I still expect you to fix it at no cost to me if I buy him a mac for use in college.  That's right kids-I might keep this thing plus buy him a mac.  3 semesters of college without a computer that works properly.   Battery doesn't charge and this is a known issue with your products.

Good thing about macs is service.

No Events found!