Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AJ

July 10th, 2014 00:00

New laptop will not charge the battery

I ordered a new laptop that came and will not charge, but the charger is the same for my other dell laptop, so I know it works. I contacted support via facebook and they were supposed to send someone out to fix it under the at service plan that came with it and when I asked the person named Raghav he said he he did some checking and said a Bios update would fix it.  How can I update a Bios when I can't even get the laptop to power on?

58 Posts

July 10th, 2014 04:00

If your computer did not power on straight out of the box, call customer care and tell them you want a new computer, don't accept a repair.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 10th, 2014 07:00

ajwees41,

You would need to contact Technical Support for your country, not Customer Care.

* Turn the laptop off
* Disconnect the AC adapter from the laptop
* Remove the battery from the laptop
* Reinstall the battery into the laptop
* Reconnect the AC adapter to the laptop
* Turn the laptop on
* Press F2 to enter the Bios setup
* List for us all the data on the main page

8.8K Posts

July 10th, 2014 18:00

Chris I did contact customer support via facebook.  They are the ones who setup a next day repair then canceled it for no reason.  

ajwees41

Use this link to contact Dell, ask them why they cancelled the tech call and generally what is happening? Tell them you want the  tech call scheduled ASAP. Cancelling and not calling to reschedule another is unacceptable.

Be pleasant BUT FIRM.  Don't let them turn it around on you and make it sound like it's your mistake...remember be pleasant.

I'm assuming you are in the States, correct

Z..........

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 11th, 2014 06:00

We need the results of this troubleshooting...

* Turn the laptop off
* Disconnect the AC adapter from the laptop
* Remove the battery from the laptop
* Reinstall the battery into the laptop
* Reconnect the AC adapter to the laptop
* Turn the laptop on
* Press F2 to enter the Bios setup
* List for us all the data on the main page

July 11th, 2014 08:00

Yes I'm in the US.

July 11th, 2014 09:00

I

[quote user="ajwees41"]Chris I did contact customer support via facebook.  They are the ones who setup a next day repair then canceled it for no reason.  

ajwees41

Use this link to contact Dell, ask them why they cancelled the tech call and generally what is happening? Tell them you want the  tech call scheduled ASAP. Cancelling and not calling to reschedule another is unacceptable.

Be pleasant BUT FIRM.  Don't let them turn it around on you and make it sound like it's your mistake...remember be pleasant.

I'm assuming you are in the States, correct

Z..........

[/quote] don't know if it's because of the link you provided or a slow updating site, but now it says A parts and/or labor dispatch has been initiated for this support request.

July 11th, 2014 09:00

It did power on, but when i tried charging it the ac adapter light came on, and the laptop recognized it, but the battery led would not light no matter what I tried.

July 14th, 2014 14:00

tried all that already and still no power going on 3-4 days on what according to my Dell service plan should have been Next day service.

July 14th, 2014 14:00

still no response on this.

No Events found!