Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

93 Posts

March 29th, 2021 16:00

Nightmare customer service. goodbye forever

I owned 5 different Alienware computers and 2 inspiron laptops. By far the worst part about Dell has ALWAYS been every interaction with customer service.  I bought a Alienware R7 with RTX 2080 from dell sales less than 2 years ago. The purchased 1 year warranty expired on February 9, 2020. Salesperson who sold me the comp assured I can get replacement parts for a service cost of $81 ( i have the chat log) through dell. contacted tech support and they said they are out of stock and to check back in a few months. I even said i would take a lesser card and they refused. When I contacted the sales person said he would sell me one for $2,684.99 (more than i bought the whole comp for) and several other price gouge gpu and confirmed he could ship in a week. After now 13 hours on the phone with the worst customer service, 11 missed call backs mangers, 14 dell representatives (8 which claimed to be managers)  and I'm done. I'm still making payment on my current PC and without a GPU i'm unable to work. 9 days later the only resolution they had is wait for several months or $100 off a entirely new PC ( in addition to continue payments on the DEAD PC) the would take about almost 2 month to arrive.

Sad thing is I almost went for it. I almost accepted the sales person offer for a small discount on a brand new PC. I have plenty of money in pre-approved credit line to cover the cost of the new PC and was considering getting a new over in a couple months. Then I thought about how absurdly ludicrous it is to try to trick your customer unto getting a whole new PC because dell wants to price gouge GPU instead of service their current product line.

You win dell. I cant risk my livelyhood on a company that engages in shameful shady business tactics with no empathy and empty promises. Customer service has never been good and every shipment is always late and comes on a slow boat from china. So going into this I was expect poor service but it is beyond bad. No two parts of dell communicate and its like the techs and sales are scared to talk to anyone in the company. Honestly I would recommend replacing your call center with an auto attendant. That would be on PAR the level of troubleshooting and service you currently offer as and its far less infuriating to hear that same line over and over again in a monotone voice of a robot the a live person reading same line over and over again in a monotone voice.

Lucky for me in have documented all chats. recorded all calls and got everyone name and employee numbers and will be posting and article on a site where I can go into details on the whole dreadful interaction. I write this not to complain and but in hopes who ever is reading this goes with a more reputable company. I wish someone would have told me years ago that the discounted hardware is not worth the mental anguish of dealing with Dell. Go with a company who is capable of support its customers not kick them while they are down. Learn from my mistake please.

March 30th, 2021 11:00

The 4 comments above were comments I made on others posts for similar issue in customer care section.  Mods moved the comments to my ticket for reasons of Spamming =

duplicate  messaging is not allowed. Dell-Admin>

Also I questioned why I would want to share my customer service experiences with other who are having similar issues. Escalations team is still refusing to look at the issue or communicate with end-user.

March 30th, 2021 12:00

Customer service reached out to me after 13.5 of "looking into the issue" and asked for an order number as if this was this first time Ive contacted them. my response ...

"Are you serious? 10 days, 11 missed call backs and 13 hours on the phone with your call center and your asking me for order numbers? Your tech Guatam had me wait for 5 hour last night only to say someone would be calling. which never happened again. Why wouldn't you read the post, The ticket or converse with other members of you team before asking me? Ive spoke with 19 different techs now and each and everyone has treated this as if I was my first call."

Customer service said the cannot help me and would send and email to the escalations. the same team who hasnt reached out to me in over a week. my response...

"im not going to argue with you. Its beyond resolution. don't bother having them reach out. Im just highlighting that your call center and public community forum are equally as ineffective at resolving customer issues. Customer service lack the tools and basic communication to to resolve customer issues or even communicate within your own company."

Ironically this is for a Service Ticket that i have already provided to them. Not even an order. Yikes

March 30th, 2021 17:00

Please continue to keep service ticket open and post active.

Escalations team reached out to me finally after 10 days, 14 hours on the phone and 12 missed call backs and again didn't read the ticket comments, engage any of the 19 techs i work with  or try to find an resolution. when i told him the issue he said he would call me back.10 days to and they couldn't be bothered to even start investigating. This takes the cake for easily the worst customer service ever. There is a palpable malcontent coming from this whole company for its customers.

• 

25.7K Posts

Hi,

I have replied to you from a private message.

-Gautam.

March 30th, 2021 18:00

my response.....

Surendra,

As I’ve told your colleague multiple times I would have never bought a computer from dell if I wanted to have  buy replacement parts locally. As per your website and sales, I can order replacement parts for a $81 dollar service charge. Your service department confirmed and tried to process it but said you out of stock. I contacted sales who said they were in stock and tried to sell one to me for more than I originally bought the comp. Shame on dell for try to implore such business tactics.

03/18/2021 07:50:58PM

Seth: "what is available"

03/18/2021 07:51:09PM

Seth: "i need a replacement gpu"

03/18/2021 07:51:13PM

Agent (Teddu P): "The 2080 11gb is available"

03/18/2021 07:51:26PM

Agent (Teddu P): "NVIDIA, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 11GB, GDDR6, DP1.4, HDMI 2.0b, USB Type C, 285W"

03/18/2021 07:51:27PM

Seth: "sounds good how much"

03/18/2021 07:52:33PM

Seth: "please"

03/18/2021 07:53:08PM

Agent (Teddu P): "I see it is available But what i see is the price is quite surprising"

03/18/2021 07:53:20PM

Agent (Teddu P): "The price would be $2,684.99 + taxes"

03/18/2021 07:53:48PM

Seth: "lol thats more then i paid for the computer"

03/18/2021 07:53:52PM

Seth: "your crazy"

03/18/2021 07:54:14PM

Agent (Teddu P): "yes It is quite suprising for me as well"

03/18/2021 07:54:20PM

Agent (Teddu P): "But it is a 11gb card"

03/18/2021 07:54:38PM

Seth: "no thank you"

03/18/2021 07:54:39PM

Agent (Teddu P): "would you like me to check for 8 gb or 4gb"

March 30th, 2021 18:00

Escalations team sent the following email. clearly they haven't even looked at the post or issue yet.........

Dear Seth,

I am contacting you on behalf of my colleague  Rajeev   as he is not in office today.

As discussed, I request you to check for the graphics card locally.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the issue discussed, do reply to this email or call me and I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards,

Surendra Raj

March 30th, 2021 20:00

Still no response from escalation team or dell customer service. Please keep ticket open.

Guatam,

Your reply was to wait for another reply. that's not a response or helpful. you might as well of not sent me a message. please keep ticket open.

• 

25.7K Posts

Hi,

I have replied to you from a private message.

-Gautam.

March 31st, 2021 07:00

Day 12 and still no actual response from customer service or escalations team.

March 31st, 2021 16:00

12 hours late still no response.

March 31st, 2021 17:00

Please keep ticket open until further notice

No Events found!