Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2016 04:00

Not much help from Dell

I purchased a Dell Inspirion with 40GB of RAM.  It operated very slowly and at times simply froze. A Dell technician remotely examined my operating system and updated the BIOS. With word processing still impossible, I called a Windows techie who said Dell had updated my system from Windows 8 to Windows 10 but it recommends 80GB of memory for Windows 10.  Talking to Dell about this issue was literally impossible. Technician after technician called me and only one person could I understand. The Indian accent is so heavy I had to give up -- requests for another technician went unanswered. What good is Dell's customer service if you can't understand the technicians?  The last person wouldn't give up until I agreed the problem was solved (which it wasn't and I told her so but finally had to say goodbye).  

9.4K Posts

November 30th, 2016 08:00

Hi craballey,

Thanks for posting.

There are other methods to contact Tech Support other than the phone.  They will answer email and chat, which is typed rather than spoken.

If you have a specific Technical question regarding your computer, if you would like to post it here on the Forum in the appropriate Board, the experts here will gladly assist you.  Since it looks like your question is OS related, there are quite a few experts on this board:  http://dell.to/2gkOhvB.  We have a team that is dedicated to Windows 10 questions.  Thanks.

No Events found!