Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 10th, 2015 20:00

Order Replacement CDs

I have an old laptop that is out of warranty that needs a system recovery. Problem is there does not appear to be a recovery partition on the drive and the owner of the laptop says she never received any installation CDs with it when it was new. So I'm trying to order a replacement set from Dell directly as I often have in the past.

I've always been able to do this by clicking on the following link:

"www.dell.com/.../media"

However, when I enter the system tag # on that page, it now tells me that the system is out warranty (which we already knew) and I need to contact Dell Customer Service for assistance. But I'm not given any other direction or specifics beyond that. It doesn't even give me a phone number to call, although I'd prefer a chat or email option to having to call under any circumstances.

I've always been able to order replacement CDs for OOW systems this way in the past. What do I have to do to get this done?

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions or input.

Regards,

--- Gary

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 11th, 2015 08:00

I've always been able to order replacement CDs for OOW (out of warranty) systems this way in the past. What do I have to do to get this done?

* That is no longer possible due to Dell policy changes. The page now specifically states, "If your Dell device is under warranty...". All you can do is search for the OEM CDs on ebay or other 3rd party sellers like this one.

46 Posts

April 11th, 2015 19:00

Hi Chris. Thank you for your response.

No Events found!