Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

March 3rd, 2018 01:00

Order Status... confusion

I ordered a laptop on February 22, received the order confirmation email. Days later, I receive another email stating that the payment was declined and to call in and resolve the situation. I did.
They charged my card but only for $1,949.99 (the amount without taxes) and the laptop costs $2,059.86(with taxes). So the rep said I should get a confirmation email. No email, check order status, still no order number and still "in processing". The laptop is said to arrive on 3/07. And as I was typing this, they put the money back. Can somebody please tell me what's going on.

2.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2018 22:00

Dell doesn't actually charge your card until the unit ships.  They do what I call a 'ping' to make sure the funds are available like most retailers.  Once the unit ships then your card or account will be charged.  As for why one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing i'm not sure.  Processing could be anything from the unit is being made and shipped from the factory to Dell's Distribution Center to the order has actually been canceled and it just hasn't been updated in the system yet.  Generally the Customer Care people work Monday through Friday so hopefully you will get a response by then if nothing has changed before. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 6th, 2018 19:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to look into this for you.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order number, registered name & email address.

No Events found!