Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 22nd, 2016 06:00

Order Verification

How can I make a purchase on dell.com and NOT have to go through this process? I was on hold last night for over an hour before I finally gave up. My order is on hold until I get in touch with someone. That is proving to impossible. I'm 38th in line for Chat and I've left a message with customer support an hour ago. Why is it soooo hard buy things through Dell?

December 22nd, 2016 07:00

Just a warning Order Support is worthless in chat or over the phone.  They will tell you one of two things, that your order will be delivered per the Estimated Delivery Date even if your are days past it, or go through the Order Modification group to cancel and re-order the same computer you already have an order for.

If your current order has a OLED screen, the Order websites now has a month lead time on getting these to customers.

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 10:00

If your order is flagged for Verification Hold, you have to call them and verify your identity in order to make a purchase.  A lot of companies do this to help prevent fraud and abuse and because its the holidays phone lines will be bogged down.  

December 27th, 2016 15:00

Just an update to the original problem. It's gotten worse!

I did get in touch with a human. His English was bad, but I managed. He was unable to release the verification hold on the order. He said something about it going to the fraud department. I had verified everything with my bank, the card is ok. Anyway....he cancelled the first order and reordered it for me. Gave me a small upgrade on a component and free 2day shipping, nice. A couple days ago a saw the amount being withheld from my credit card on my bank's website. I thought cool, it's going through! NOT SO FAST! Today I got on my bank's website and saw that the hold had vanished. 30 minutes ago my wife called me at work telling me that Dell is once again calling to verify the order. Is there any doubt why Dell is sinking?

December 27th, 2016 15:00

Forgot to mention....

Was called Friday last week to verify the second order. The gal everything was good to go. Now I'm being called again to do it a second time???

No Events found!