Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2016 06:00

Order cancelled by the Dell Verification Department

I ordered a TV from Dell - Order number 158386218 and my credit card was charged and my TV shipped. On the day FedEx was delivering my TV they called me and told me that my TV had been recalled by Dell and was going to be shipped backed to Dell. I called customer service and was told that my order was cancelled due to verification issues but could not tell me what the issues were. I would like to know why my order was cancelled after Dell had charged my card and my order was shipped but then recalled?

November 28th, 2016 15:00

I own a small business and have always ordered Dell computers for my employees.  I have reconsidered this after facing the same issue that this customer experienced along with horrible customer support from Dell's offshore call center.

I have a new employee starting this week.  I placed an order for her computer on Friday and even paid an extra $100 for expedited delivery so the computer would arrive on time.  I followed the status of the shipment online as the package left TN and arrived in VA on the expected delivery date.  Later in the afternoon, the status online was updated to "Unable to Deliver".  I called FedEx to ask for an explanation and they told me that Dell told them to return the shipment back to Dell.   

I called Dell and the customer service agent transferred me to the "Verification Department".   The representative there tried to initiate a conference call with me and one of his colleagues, but wound up transferring me to someone else, who then transferred me back to customer service, who then transferred me to the Verification Department...  etc.  One agent disconnected my call and I had to start again.  Finally, after around ten representatives, someone in the Verification Department told me that I had to call my bank, get the credit card authorization number, and then call them back directly for them to release the order.  He could not explain why the computer was shipped in the first place if there was an issue with the payment.

I called my bank and the agent gave me the authorization code and told me that nothing looked unusual about the transaction.  I called Dell's verification department (at 1-800-571-3355 in case anyone needs it) and the representative told me that the last agent I spoke with cancelled the order and I would have to speak with Sales again to have them create a new order.  He said that it could not be un-cancelled.  

This is absolutely ridiculous, since the package right now is likely still at a FedEx facility near me.  I told the agent that I did not wish to place a new order.  I will purchase a computer from a company that cares about customer service.   

9.4K Posts

November 29th, 2016 04:00

Hi Fanietf,

Thanks for posting.

This verification process is for your protection against potential identity theft. A verification hold cannot be bypassed. You must speak with them and address the verification issue, the order will cancel, or be recalled.

You may contact the Dell Financial Services team by calling 1-800-571-3355. The seven digit extension allows you to speak with the agent who placed the order on hold. If the agent is unavailable you are given the opportunity to leave a voice message.

Thanks again for your patience, hopefully they can get this cleared up and your future orders will process normally.

1 Message

November 29th, 2016 08:00

Robert,

Frustrated is a mid word to describe my feelings. I am getting the proverbial run around and from a company like Dell I am flabbergasted.  Every time I speakto someone in either the verification dept or customer suport I get a differen5 story. I ave been on the phone with Dell for a cumulative total of 10 hours and I have given up. I will not be purchasing ANYTHING from Dell again for my personal or my business use. To add insult to injury after whwt each depwrtment admits are Dell errors they will not honor the Cyber Monday gift card offer or match the price at which I placed my five previous orders. All of this for a $200 TV!

November 29th, 2016 09:00

There is something seriously wrong with the Verification Department.  One employee told me the reason why the shipment was recalled (after reaching only a few miles away from my house on a FedEx van) is because they didn't receive payment.  What is he talking about?  I did pay, I received a confirmation, and I called my bank who confirmed that they payment was authorized like any normal transaction.  This agent asked me to call my bank to obtain the authorizaiton code (which makes no sense at all - they are able to access that from the bank themselves) and call back, and when I did call back, another agent told me that the agent that requested this information cancelled the order!  Another agent tried to initiate a conference call with me and someone who supposedly could resolve the issue and wound up transferring me to an agent who barely spoke English.  Another one disconnected my call entirely.  I also notice that the Verification Department agents answer the phone with a simple "Hello" - not even "Thank you for calling Dell" or "Verification Department, how can I help you?".  They seem completely disinterested in customer service.  At least the agents in the other departement, while they coudn't resolve the issue and only transferred me to someone else, seemed interested in the issue.  I think Dell should do a review of the Verification Department because it is leading to seriously unhappy customers and lost sales.

9.4K Posts

December 1st, 2016 10:00

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I'll be sure to bring it up in our next team meeting.

Regards,
Robert

1 Message

December 4th, 2016 17:00

I encountered the same issue too!

After going through loops, I still can't get my order honoured by Dell...

May I know is the Order Verification hold a "1-time" hold?

Meaning after the Verification dept clear the hold this time, will it happen to any of the future orders?

What is the best way to avoid encountering the hold or order issues?

anyway, Dell too lost my order.

9.4K Posts

December 5th, 2016 11:00

Hi flanky79,

The hold is for your protection.

You may have received a call from our Global Credit Card Verification team. This verification is for your protection against potential identity theft.
It is important to the order process that if the customer misses the call, you should return the call without delay. If the calls are not returned, if the issue is not addressed and the account is on hold… the orders will be cancelled or captured and re-directed back to Dell

3 Posts

December 15th, 2016 19:00

Although fedex is still trying to send me the order. And dell order status is still item shipped. How long will it be updated? As i already initiated a return and the verification agent verified that i have already requested a refund on the order.

3 Posts

December 15th, 2016 19:00

Hi robert..

I have my own order held by verification team and because of the delay of the order, I called the verifications team to refund my order instead. They said it would be 2-3 days until the refund will be done. Other agent said 4-5. Am I going to get a full refund of the order?

1 Message

January 9th, 2017 10:00

No. Your Business verification is honestly ridiculous. Ive placed 15 separate orders because Verification wont let them through. Ive been told that I needed to place the order with a sales rep by the Biz Verifications Dept twice, did exactly that, and the orders were STILL CANCELLED. You are not protecting your customers by not allowing them to place orders. I would highly recommend that DELL seriously think about their Business Verifications procedures and taking the actions you do to "prevent and deter fraud". All of the orders my company placed have the exact same address, phone and email. They are also for pretty much the same equipment and software, being placed by the same authorized user with the correct PIN. As a side note, I've received phone calls from the Biz Verificatons Dept 5 times, passed the verification and the orders were STILL CANCELLED.

1 Message

March 3rd, 2017 13:00

I met the completely same problem with yours these days. How ridiculous the department is! I am fed up with it and I canceled my order. Thank you for your post which let me know that I am not the only one who encounter this situation.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2017 08:00

Is your problem solved?

No Events found!