Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2014 11:00

Order delay, desktop, US.

Dear Dell,

I recently ordered an Alienware Aurora-R4 from your company. I ordered online and was then directed to sales support via phone. From there a Dell representative worked me through the rest of the order process and checked to make sure the computer could be ordered and delivered with what I wanted.

This system was supposed to be delivered by the 13th. By the 18th of this month I decided to contact customer support in regards too why my computer had not even shipped yet. I was directed via chat support to call the order modification department and check what the delay was. I did as I was instructed and when i checked the status of my order, it said it would be delivered by the 24th. Ok I had an answer, that was fine with me. 

On the 19th of this month I received a phone call from Dell saying I had to call the modifications department to change my order. Now I was confused, but I called regardless. It turns out that both your website and sales support representative do not know the products they are selling. The configuration I wanted couldn't be made and was stuck in the processing department this entire time. 

I was thrown into over an hour phone call of going back and forth departments trying to fix the issue. Then at the end, for Dell's mistake I am forced to wait until the 7th of April for something that should have been caught on the 3rd of March by your trained staff. 

As a second time Alienware purchaser and loyal Dell owner, why am I the one to pay for your companies mistakes? There was very little support that was clear and concise and I do not feel like an appreciated customer. The manager named Alex and his staff from the order modifications department was understanding and the most helpful. I appreciate that.

I do not know if i'm the only one with this issue and from word of mouth Dell support hasn't always been on top. Regardless I enjoyed my last Alienware and hope to enjoy this one just as much. All I ask for is that I'm put on priority for manufacturing and shipping. That isn't a lot to ask considering as the customer I had to fix your companies deficiencies. 

Thank you for your time and concern.

3 Posts

March 20th, 2014 12:00

I can't fill out the form because it's my first time and I do not have the service request number. So when I click on the link where it say's if this is my first time with an issue, it just brings me to the default customer support page. Which would be slightly amusing, if I wasn't upset. I sent an e-mail to what you linked, so I will see how that goes. Thanks for your post.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

March 20th, 2014 12:00

Chris Q

First of all I just want to thank you for writing a pleasant post to read even though I know you're quite upset as I would be too.

Let me give you some info that might help?   We need to get this issue escalated and to do that you need to fill out this form

Also I would email Alienware at this address: AWCC-Resolution_experts@Dell.com. Explain your situation and see what they say? I think someone needs to write a program for the sales people that after an order is configured they can run that configuration in this program to see if there are any reasons that this configuration isn't possible.  That's way above my pay grade.

Anyway, do those two things I suggested and keep me updated.

Z...............................

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2014 18:00

Still nothing from Dell. Great customer service!

No Events found!