Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2013 20:00

Order issue = South Africa, Laptop, Cancelled non-payment

Ordered a laptop from the dell.co.za web site last month, got a receipt and order confirmation. Only when it hadn't arrived and we enquired where it was were we told that the order had been cancelled for non payment. Odd given that we had a receipt (had paid with Visa card and on checking found that it hadn't processed a payment). Emailed the three dell people involved in the enquiry and have received no response (except for a OOO message - which I assume stands for out of office) from one of them so sent the email to his backup, no response. Strangely we still want to purchase the laptop - although starting to think a HP might be easier. Cant get any response from anyone in South Africa and today the web site doesn't even seem to give the option to purchase (although it says you can) but instead goes to "find a reseller" . Need to get this sorted as soon as we can as we need the new computer. Can post all the order details, customer number etc... if required.
Please help. 

803 Posts

July 8th, 2013 03:00

Hi NanoTera,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I checked on the Dell South Africa website and as you said it routed me to the re-seller. Check with your bank if the Visa card was charged. Please call Customer care using this link and check if  they have any information about the order: http://dell.to/183tLH3  

You could also provide the Order number, Customer number, name on the account through Private message so that I can check at my end. To send a Private Message, click my User name and Start Conversation.

2 Posts

July 8th, 2013 08:00

Thanks, I was also contacted today by one of the managers in South Africa who requested for the staff to help me. I rang the company on the number the link above (after I fixed it by removing the trailing space). The second time they were helpful (got lost when transferred the first time) and informed me the order has been reinstated. Will see if they take the money this time.

Call customer support if you would like our friendly agents to help you resolve an issue with your order. You’ll find the phone numbers for our support teams below.

Department Hours  Phone Number
Please have your Order Number ready when calling 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday

011-709-7707

803 Posts

July 9th, 2013 05:00

Thanks for the update. You can continue to work with the manager who was assigned for your case. Should you have any queries, you can reach out to us anytime via private message (click on my name in blue, and then click Start Conversation).

No Events found!