Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

August 12th, 2016 15:00

Order status unavailable even after more than a wek

I ordered a high end notebook on Aug 4th. The eMail I received immediately afterwards said: "If you have not received your order confirmation email within 2 business days, please contact our Order Support experts for assistance."

Even more than a week later I did not receive this confirmation aMail. And my order is still impossible to find on the order status page.

If I try to get into contact with customer support, the form asks for an order number. Since the order doesn't seem to be propperly registered in the system, I can not complete the form.

If I try to get into contact with the live chat, I always see disconnection errors as soon a rep becomes available.

So, essentially my money is gone, and I have now way of even asking if and when I will receive my notebook that I need urgently.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 15th, 2016 07:00

Hi ulrichard,

Thanks for posting about your ordering experience in the Dell Forum.

Apologies that you haven't received your order confirmation as of yet.  Were you given a DPID number?  The agents should be able to look it up with that, however if not, please drop me a private message, and I'll see if I can find it.

Also, the customer is not charged until the order actually ships so basically your money is not "gone".  

Regards,
Robert

22 Posts

August 15th, 2016 14:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks for looking into my order. I will send the details in a minute to you as a PM.

As I was not able to get into contact with an agent, I don't know if they can look up my order.

I paid with BitCoin. There was no option for an escrow multisig, so my money is really gone.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 16th, 2016 05:00

Thanks.  I'll reply there.

Regards,
Robert

22 Posts

August 16th, 2016 06:00

Hi Robert,

in the PM, you indicated that the order was cancelled because it appears that this computer was intended to be exported outside the US, and failed the export compliance rules.

1) Do you know why it failed to meet the export compliance rules?

2) Do you know why the customer is not notified when an order is cancelled?

You also write: "Perhaps a system should be ordered from the country it will be used in."

I waited for over a year for BitCoin payments to become available in the Swiss Dell store. When my old notebook started failing, I was ready to give up the Swiss keyboard, and order from the UK. But they were having technical difficulties for over a month. So I accepted all the pains of double taxation and delays, and ordered in the US store to have it delivered to a friend in California.

Rgds

Richard

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 16th, 2016 07:00

Hi Richard,

This is best discussed privately as your personal information may be at risk in a public forum.  

The order failed the export compliance rules because systems purchased in the United States can not be exported outside the country. This is a Federal issue and is outlined in the Terms of Purchase, which you agreed to when you placed the order.

The customer can be notified by email, post mail, or by telephone, and I apologize if you did not receive the notices.

While we do appreciate all the hard work you did to save, and purchase, however intentionally circumventing the rules by ordering in the US store and sending it to a friend in California, does not make it legal and may prevent warranty service in your country.

Hopefully this explains things a bit better for you.

Regards,
Robert

22 Posts

August 16th, 2016 13:00

Hi Robert,

what is the reasoning behind these export restrictions? I mean a notebook is not a weapon.

The document you linked is for the consumer section. I had to choose from the business section in order for the Developer Edition. Besides, was this document tested in court?

Rgds

Richard

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 17th, 2016 04:00

Hi Richard,

Please address your legal questions to the Dell Legal department. Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!