Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2014 21:00

Order was canceled without notification, day it was supposed to ship.

Called in to the dell customer service on 7 June 2014, and talk with a sales professional about ordering a 17in Dell Laptop. I chose the 17in dell over the 15in as the 15in was showing to take over 2 months to ship where the 17in model was 2 weeks. This included a sleeve for the 17in laptop and a Venue 7 which is still in the box. I've received the Sleeve and the Venue (as stated), and was waiting on the Laptop. The shipping was expected to be the 19th of June 2014 and be at the home on the 23rd of June 2014. Checked the order on the 19th and it stated to still be in construction. I check the status today and it's CANCELED!!!! I cannot communicate with anyone regarding this till Monday due to customer service changing their schedule on the 14th of June (how convenient). Which means, I look to have an extreme delay in my purchase (already paid for) when I need the laptop deliver by next week. Now the rant... Firstly, why was the ordered canceled in the first place, I explicitly stated, the order was place due to the shipping time and needed to be followed thru on. There is no earthly reason to cancel an order the day after is was supposed to ship. The most important part. WHY WAS I NOT NOTIFIED, AND GIVEN THE REASON!!! Now, I've been a strong advocate for Dell for many years, where I've even gotten the company, I used to work, only ordering Dells. To mess this up on the eve of my developing business, where that laptop is the developing laptop, my order gets canceled and delays by laptop. If this laptop isn't going to reach my door by next week, I'll be forced to purchase from another location, and if this happens, I can no longer support Dell due to their poor service and ordering system. -Michael

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

June 21st, 2014 07:00

Makton

Now the rant... Firstly, why was the ordered canceled in the first place, I explicitly stated, the order was place due to the shipping time and needed to be followed thru on. There is no earthly reason to cancel an order the day after is was supposed to ship.

It's hard to tell why your order was cancelled. We don't have access to those records..

Now, I've been a strong advocate for Dell for many years, where I've even gotten the company, I used to work, only ordering Dells. To mess this up on the eve of my developing business, where that laptop is the developing laptop, my order gets canceled and delays by laptop. If this laptop isn't going to reach my door by next week, I'll be forced to purchase from another location, and if this happens, I can no longer support Dell due to their poor service and ordering system. -

I don't see it reaching your door anytime soon, being that it has been cancelled.  Sorry.

Z......................

No Events found!