Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 16th, 2019 20:00

Out of warranty means no support?

So imagine this, you come home from a long day and get ready to finish up some work before bed. Then as you open your laptop you see something, and it makes you start to sweat. Then you fully open up your laptop and what greets you? A freshly cracked screen, and right down the middle no less. You then realize your product is out of warranty, lord what can you do? But wait, there is Dell tech support! They used to help you all the time with out of warranty items when you worked in IT. So you start to cheer up and you start a chat with them. Then their tech support lets you say one sentence, and it's about how your day was going, before telling you that they can't help you at all because you don't have a warranty. You ask if they can give you advice, and they say call the out of warranty department. Yeah, that's how my night has been going. What kind of tech support only deals with warranty products? I didn't ask for warranty stuff, I wanted advice on if I should get it serviced or replace the part myself since I have replaced plenty of parts on my own before. But nope, my laptop, that cost thousands of dollars, no longer has a warranty so I don't get advice from tech support. I know right now I may just seem angry and rude, but you put yourself in my shoes and then tell me how you would feel. I just wanted advice but was instead immediately dismissed, so yes I am upset. The person didn't even care to explain anything, just simply told me to call the number. So Dell, care to explain why your tech support only answers questions to those with a warranty? Because if that's the new rule you should really change the name or at least take it out of the area that says contact support. 

11 Posts

June 19th, 2019 15:00

They are just following the policy. You already know what to do. contact Dell spare parts to check the LCD if you want to purchase it and follow the installation instructions on youtube or on the service manual of your computer which you can find on Dell.com/support.

No Events found!