Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2017 08:00

Ownership Transfer issue

I'm unable to use my Laptop for the past 20+ days. Bought the laptop in US and the laptop is now in India. I've initiated a transfer request unfortunately there were no updates received yet. Kindly assist.

Model Inspiron 5559

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 30th, 2017 07:00

Hi venkatrjdell,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies for your difficulties with transferring the warranty.  According to the International Warranty Transfer page, the following criteria must be met before the transfer will take effect.

1.  More than the standard warranty-- you cannot transfer a system with the basic 12-month depot warranty.  You must purchase an upgrade to onsite service in order to transfer a warranty.

2.  That the system you are transferring is sold in the market you're transferring to -- if it's not, the transfer won't go through.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 7th, 2017 12:00

Thank you for your message.

We will be glad to assist you on this.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address. 

July 13th, 2021 21:00

My transfer request had been given on JUNE 25th, it has been more than 15 working days.

Until date, the transfer has Not been processed yet. Is it possible for you to check this service request number given below?

This is the TRANSFER REQUEST - Confirmation number:

Awaiting your reply 

Regards

• 

25.7K Posts

July 13th, 2021 23:00

I had checked with the back-end teams & it does not match the records.

I'm checking on this again.

-Anita

July 14th, 2021 00:00

Anita.. The screenshot of the Transfer confirmation number from the DELL Website had been given.

The original owner of this system had submitted the request based on their Purchase Receipt.

I'm not sure why Dell is unable to recognize the original details of the receipt generated by your own online store.

Kindly refer below to the Transfer Reference Number:  

69457C67-8C3F-4FE9-B33D- 89146DD725C3

No Events found!