Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

January 24th, 2018 18:00

Poor Order Processing and Shipping Delays - Misled and Frustrated

I ordered a Dell Inspiron 5675 Computer on December 12th during a sale with a delivery date of Dec 29. The item had a percent counter showing the number of deals left when I was shopping for it. My thought was this meant the number of items Dell had in stock to sell, and I ordered with around 50% of the deal left. 

A few days before the original delivery date of the 29th I receive notification of a 2 week shipping delay with a new delivery date of 01/12. No big deal, I understand the holidays are busy and am a patient customer. On Wednesday, 1/10 I hadn't received any notification of shipping so I logged into the online order portal and see a banner across the top saying due to FTC regulations I have 24 hours to confirm of another shipping delay or my order would be automatically CANCELLED. Luckily I caught this before Dell automatically cancelled my order and consented for a week delay, and a new delivery date of 1/19.

The following Wednesday I still hadn't received notification so I checked the order portal again, and another banner across the top was there saying my order would be cancelled if I didn't consent to another week delay. I am very frustrated at this point with my biggest frustration being Dell had no problem notifying me they received my order, no problem telling me they took my money, no problem telling me my original order would be delayed. Now they want to sneakily cancel my order with no notification? Its like they are trying to get out of the order at this point. Frustrated, I consented again to my new 1/26 delivery date, and then made sure I was subscribed to notifications.

Here we are today 1/24, and to no surprise there is yet another delay. At least this time Dell sent me an email telling me to consent or my order will be cancelled. I have consented to another delay with a delivery date of 02/02, but for some reason I doubt I will see this computer next week...

I did some research after the 2nd delay and it looks like these delays are a common issue with this Inspiron computer for orders around this time. It looks like "part shortage" is thrown out as the reason for delay, so I expect that is what Dell will tell me for a reason as to why I still don't have this computer. I am frustrated because I keep getting strung along, there is no transparency on delayed delivery dates (or even a close estimate as to when I will see this computer), and they were going to cancel this order with no notice! Its almost like Dell doesn't want me to have this computer, or even actually have the capacity to fulfill/ship this order.

Here are my questions to Dell
1) How is something that has a quantity tracker on the site during purchase delayed so long? 
2) Why do I not have my computer yet?
3) When will I get my computer?

Here is my question to the Community.... Is Dell really this bad at processing orders, maintaining stock, and misleading their delivery dates? This doesn't seem to be a one off issue, and I am feeling misled and frustrated.

Thanks,
A frustrated, and soon to be ex loyal Dell customer

13 Posts

January 29th, 2018 14:00

Ordered a 5675 December 11th with an expected delivery of December 29th.  December 26th I'm told January 12th,  A couple of days ago I was told January 16th-19th.  Now, I'm being told February 9th.  First it was they couldn't get the power supply.  Now they can't get the Radeon GPU.  Dell has a history of misleading people on their website (They have been sued for it before).  When I ordered my 2 (3 years ago) Alienware 13's they were delayed by a week.  I'm not sure why.  When I ordered my Alienware 18 (two years ago) It was delayed due to not having the keyboards.  Now, these issues.  

Now, as far as the parts shortage you can thank crypto miners for that.  They are buying large quantities of GPUs directly from the manufacturer.  

I too had a counter saying x number of these systems remain and they are shipping in x number of days.  

1 Message

February 11th, 2018 02:00

I have exactly the same issue and that made me so furious! I found a refurbished alieaware Aurora r7 with the specs i wanted, and it says there’s only one left. the deal wasn't even good given the 10% off promotion on their new systems now, the price was just like $100 cheaper than a new one(it's a $2000+ gaming desktop), the only reason i choose it is because its prebuilt and i dont have wait 3 weeks for a new system. Note on its website dell says refurbished systems are prebuilt and will be shipped out within 24 business hours.

Long story short, on Feb 7th I placed order directly from an dell outlet sales agent, who confirmed the system is in stock and will be ship out on Feb 9 and be delivered on or before Feb 14th. On feb 9th I got no shipping info so I contact them again, and I was told it will be ship out that day. We all know what happened, nothing shipping out. Today I login to my account and found that delivery time has been delayed for a week. How sneaky! They didn’t even inform me with that cross thing you mentioned! I was so angry that they did such evil thing so i wanted to ask what was going on. Surprisingly, their entire dell outlet customer service department is closed! For weekend! Like dude, it’s 2018 already and I can’t believe there is still a big company close their customer service on weekends! By the way, I have been sending emails since Feb 8th, about 2 emails a day, none reply received yet.
The dell outlet is a complete joke. Taking money from the card is the only thing they can do fast and accurate. If you cannot ship out an item why did you even bother putting it on the website! And you put available quantity too! Where that number even comes from if “parts shortage” occurs? If you can’t promise, or even approximate a delivery time, just say “will eventually ship out(well this remains mystery)fulfillment time unknown"
I will definately ask their CS on next Monday, after their happy weekend, what is going on about my order. If they keep giving me those nonsense i will just cancel order(since its not even a good deal)

1 Message

June 13th, 2018 11:00

I'm having the same problem with two of my orders. I purchased a PS4 Pro (ordered on May 10, 2018) and a PSVR kit (ordered on June 8, 2018).

With the PS4 Pro, the estimated delivery date when I initially placed the order was May 15, 2018. At first I did not receive any notification that it would be delayed. I had to check the order status on the Dell website, and noticed on May 16 that the status was still "Confirmed" and not "Shipped". Then, when I contacted customer support, they told me that the product is out of stock, and it would come back in stock on May 29, 2018.

Later, on May 25, 2018, I receive an automated email from Dell saying "Unfortunately, your
delivery has now been delayed to June 5 - 8, 2018.". At this point, on contacting customer support, they told me the order would come back in stock on June 29, 2018 - almost a 2 month delay from the original estimate.

And now, with the PSVR kit, I was told the product would arrive by June 13, 2018. But guess what? I received an automated email saying the delivery has been delayed to June 14-18, and on contacting customer support they say it's estimated to ship out on or before June 22, 2018.

The only reason I got locked into purchasing from Dell is because I received a $300 Dell gift card with a Samsung TV purchase, and the PSVR kit was a good deal. I think I have been very patient so far, but I regret both my purchases now.

The customer support from Dell has been nothing but frustrating, with copy-paste responses for every query such as "I am really sorry for the whole inconvenience and trouble, as customer outside dell if I have to go through the same situation I would have felt the same." only exacerbating the situation.

My question is, aren't Dell held accountable for these delivery dates? Shouldn't there be consequences for giving out fake delivery dates and misleading customers?

1 Message

June 20th, 2018 17:00

Same issue with me ordered PS4 pro and several new games on may 10th..got all the games by may 13th so logged in and said it was confirmed but not shipped. Next day delivery changed to on or before May 30th. On the 29th logged in and FTC confirmation thing was there. Confirmed and got a date range of June 14-19. Logged in 19th and now it's changed to June 22-28. It's ridiculous, it was listed in stock all last month then started listing as out of stock. Shouldn't they know how many they have in stock and how many are being ordered so when they are out of stock you will know it won't come quick. Talking to customer service is useless all their doing for me is crediting shipping charge when it does ship since I paid for expedited 2 day. I don't even log in anymore just signed up for text alerts..I know I'll get it eventually but given up on quick.

1 Message

July 1st, 2018 23:00

I am new to the World of Dell, but now that I have found this community site, it appears that I should never have entered that world.  Like you, and those who have already replied to you, I have had money taken by Dell for an order placed on-line, but have not even had an email from them to say that my order is being processed.  In fact, I have just looked again at the My Order Status page, and it is now saying that; 'This order was changed or canceled.'  Well, not by me!

Is there any way of getting in touch with someone to find out what is happening?  I am not computer-savvy and find their site not a bit helpful.

Any assistance will be gratefully recieved!

July 1st, 2018 23:00

Yes venting here, since I can relate to this post.

Ordered a monitor 25' premier color, says few stock left with an eta of 1 week for delivery.

2 weeks past by, order status still shows confirmed, contact chat support, very quick to help, say parts is back ordered. okay that's confusing because monitors are usually already built and few in stock.

Another 5 days past , had to check status on website, no email notification.   Now it's delay due to FTC , yada yada yada. So another push back on delivery date. I just decided to cancel. " Hopefully they don't push back my cancellation date. "

I wish there was a dell store center to go buy their product.

Freaking get your shipping process up to date and quit using 2004 shipping programs/software.  

Very frustrated with online experience on consumer side.

:Angry:

July 2nd, 2018 00:00

@fiore44 wrote:

I am new to the World of Dell, but now that I have found this community site, it appears that I should never have entered that world.  Like you, and those who have already replied to you, I have had money taken by Dell for an order placed on-line, but have not even had an email from them to say that my order is being processed.  In fact, I have just looked again at the My Order Status page, and it is now saying that; 'This order was changed or canceled.'  Well, not by me!

Is there any way of getting in touch with someone to find out what is happening?  I am not computer-savvy and find their site not a bit helpful.

Any assistance will be gratefully recieved!

at least you got an immediate cancellation notice, the majority of us gets led on for weeks.

Best regards

No Events found!