Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2016 07:00

Price dispute over my order, feel like I'm being ignored

Hello,

I sent this message, to Dell UK customer support early yesterday morning, but still no reply, so I figured I'd post it here. I need this issue resolved quickly, but I appear to being met with inaction. I assume Dell can find me from my username:
"
Hi,

I was taking advantage of the £55 (pre-vat, £66 post vat) discount on your Dell Vostro 3900 system, who's offer ended on the 29th of April (I would naturally assume at midnight, UK time). The discount was showing on my shopping basket all the way up until I clicked on making payment, just after 11pm, then it suddenly disappeared. I tried to click your "talk to someone" button to get the discount re-added, but it said support wasn't available after 9pm.

I decided to continue with order, as it was before midnight (screen grab I have shows 11.20pm, the 29th), as I figured removal of the discount was an error, you could re-add the discount for me before charging of my card occurred.

I tried to email/message you via your support system on the night (29th April), but for some reason my customer number wasn't working, so I couldn't send the message (I assume it was I was a customer who'd just signed up). I figured as no staff seemed be available to today, anyway, according to your website, I could resolve the problem today.

Much to my alarm, I received an email at 1am, two hours after making the order, stating the order had already been dispatched! Removing my ability to cancel the order or get the charged amount changed. I admire speedy dispatching of items, but 1am, 2 hours after the order? This feels like it was meant to disallow me from cancelling, and I am naturally not happy about this situation.

Therefore, as I assume my card has already been charged, can you please credit £66 back to my credit card (the post-vat discount amount). The amount you've taken should end up being £280.80, not the £346.80 I'm currently being billed/charged.

If you can't now add the discount, I do not wish to continue with the order, as I think it's obvious I made the order precisely to take advantage of this offer.

Naturally I need this matter resolved quickly, before the item arrives. I feel if it is not dealt with to my satisfaction before it does arrive, my best course of action will be to refuse delivery. I will not accept the PC at this higher price, as I do not regard this matter as my fault, but a fault with your system for removing the discount mid-order, and before midnight.
"
and later in the day:

"
Still waiting for a reply on my previous message. I need this matter resolved quickly.

To make it plain, if the "dispatched" status I received from Syncreon is say, inaccurate, and you can't supply me with the discount to which I'm entitled, I'd like the order cancelled, please.

I'm not happy with this situation. This is not turning out to be a great first experience of shopping will Dell. There's a strong danger it'll also be my last if I can't get this resolved.

Also pretty disappointed I have no way to check up on these messages I'm sending you, like a support ticket, or whatever, or even a confirmation email.

Regards
"

I also have one or two additional concerns. I used the online form to send this message. I get a thank you message, but no reference number, no ticket to track my support request, and not even an acknowledgement email to say they've received the message. Basically, I have no proof I've even sent these messages, so Dell UK can deny they ever got them. Any half decent website has had these features for years. What's going on here?

If my order was actually dispatched at 1am on Saturday the 30th of April, why is it taking to the 4th of May to arrive? If Syncreon's data on the item being "despatched" then I'd like the order cancelled and a full refund, as becoming increasingly unhappy with the service I'm receiving from Dell. Judging by what I've googled on Syncreon, this often the case.

Also, why is there no customer support forum for UK users?

I thought Dell a reputation for being a worldwide respected company, but I'm starting to have some concerns.

Ok, just as I was writing this, I've finally got a reply which reads:

"
The order has been shipped and it will reach Uk hub on 04/05/2016.

I will follow the case and get back t you once the order reaches uk hub.
"

As far as I'm concerned, this will be too late, as it's due to be delivered on the 4th, according to Syncreon. And whether it's reached the UK hub or not seems completely inconsequential to my problem. Why can't I get the question answered as to whether I'm getting the discount? I feel like I'm being fobbed off until it's too late. If I'm not getting the discount then I want the order cancelled before it's delivered, I ordered in time to get the discount and it was an error of Dell's website that I didn't. I feel my only option is to refuse delivery if I don't get a satisfaction answer to my problem.

9.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 08:00

Hi Grey Forrest,

Thanks for posting on the USA Forum.

Unfortunately we are located in the USA and do not have access to records for your country.  You will have to contact Customer Care in the UK for assistance.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!