Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2019 07:00

Promo Visa Prepaid Card, is it a scam? #3

Waiting for my Visa card as well. I was asked several times to check my spam folder for Berkeley emails. Of course nothing is there. Now I got an email saying that this case was forwarder to "relevant department". So far nothing got from them. This is clearly a scam. Pointing to another company doesn't change the fact that Dell hired that company and therefore have full responsibility for that. For the past few years the Dell's reputation level went gradually down and finally it reached the bottom level. Now they are laying to their customers just to sell. I will not buy from Dell anymore.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2019 18:00

I got the email today. 404 every time, even on main web site. Going to fill in agency complaint.

1 Message

October 4th, 2019 18:00

Hi Sreejith,

I just tried to check out at DSW online with my $100 rebate, and it did not work. I went to the Berkeley site, which says the card is activated. Am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help,

Sheri

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

October 4th, 2019 21:00

Sorry to hear that. We have our customers who have received help from the mailbox. I request you to write to them for further assistance. 

Thanks,

Sahana

• 

25.7K Posts

October 5th, 2019 11:00

Hello,

We're sorry to know about it. Could you please elaborate the issues? Also, I request you to provide the following details via Private message, so that we can check this for you.

Order number:

Email address:

Thanks,

Vanitha

2 Posts

October 23rd, 2019 18:00

I see we are not alone with this problem.  We have done everything requested to get our Promotional Visa Prepaid card and still we have nothing:

Sept 16 we received an email "We are in the process of preparing your digital promotional Visa® prepaid card for delivery"
Claim Tracker: "Your claim has been processed."
Oct 10 we submitted a support claim via https://dellgiftcardpromo.com/ca/en/pages/pcbts/contact
Oct 10 response "Could you please check your spam folder to see whether you have received there the link of the card or not?"
We responded indicating it wasn't anywhere in our email
Oct 11 response "This has now been passed to our relevant team to look into this for you. They will contact you shortly with more information."
Oct 21 we asked what is happening...no response

It has been over a month since our claim was approved and still nothing.

Could you please help us?

1 Message

October 25th, 2019 14:00

Exact same story here. Jumped through all the hoops & now they ask me if it's in my SPAM folder? Seriously? They are stalling & know it was never sent. It's been 7 weeks since my Claim "was approved".  Isn't this breach of contract? It's all very shady & unsettling. I have purchased many computers from Dell over the years & it was always a positive experience. Very disappointing & sort of creepy.

1 Message

October 25th, 2019 15:00

It is a SCAM! I ordered my laptop and waited weeks for the card to arrive as I figured there was some time in between getting the card after purchase as most imply it can take x amount of weeks. Card never came, contact Dell Support and was told someone would contact me back, they did so more then a week later to inform me sorry it was past the time limit of 30 days. 

When checking out there was nothing indicating you needed to “claim” the reward, I searched through all old emails, spam folder as well as deleted folder and there was never any email from Berkeley to claim any reward. I did however use Progressive Leasing to pay for my order so I don’t know if this is what caused the mishap to begin with however after speaking to several departments, as no one can claim responsibility for errors apparently, I’m pretty much told sorry not sorry. 

I will NEVER purchase another Dell computer after this. It is underhanded and shady to not upfront inform customers they must claim a reward and typical people will allow time to pass rather then sounding like someone impatient in which they hope you do to say sorry you’re past the deadline. Shady and underhanded for sure, the only reason I bought the computer I did was because of that promotion and I certainly will never give them another dime!

• 

25.7K Posts

October 25th, 2019 16:00

Hi,

We're sorry that you feel this way. Could you please private message me the following details, so that we can review this:

Order number:

Registered name:

Email ID:

Claim ID:

Read this, "Card Expiration"

Thanks,

Vanitha

• 

25.7K Posts

October 26th, 2019 16:00

Hi,

We still haven’t heard from you. Please reach out to us with the requested details at your convenience, so that we can help you accordingly.

Thanks,
Vanitha

2 Posts

November 6th, 2019 16:00

I did receive my Promotional Visa Prepaid card on October 25th.  I applied it all to an Amazon gift card to see if it was valid, and it was, so my story ends in success.

No Events found!