Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

April 8th, 2013 19:00

Purchase of a customized XPS 8500 shipped, unprotected

I ordered a new machine (we have had dell computers for 20+ years) with all the upgrades I wanted and software I needed.  It came shipped to me in a box that was open at handles on the side of the carton and NO anti static protection around the box.  The first box was damaged in shipping and a 2nd was sent.  It came the same exact way (after talking to several different people at Dell and promised it would be protected).  Another call was made - apologies given and a new machine sent -- the SAME WAY.  It was covered with dirt and dust inside the box and I am very concerned with the price I paid, and upset by the now response of "we will be very happy to give you your money back."  After reading blogs on different geek sites, they all say computers should be shipped with anti static protection - but Dell does not? I worked in the IT Department of a school district and all our computers were locally build and 'hand delivered' and they still were protected with anti static bags where this is shipped from TX to WI.   Customer service seemed to be alot of lip service but at least very pleasant until tonight when a manager named Gary told us our only option was to take a credit - FINAL ANSWER. 

I'm crushed - truly.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 9th, 2013 12:00

Hi Jamieyxps2013,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your customer journey to our attention. Dell strives to provide an efficient, first-time resolution for every call.  While I realize that only our future interactions can restore your confidence in us completely, I want to assure you that Dell always aims to provide customers with a satisfying and enjoyable purchase experience.

I am happy to investigate this matter further. Please contact me privately, by clicking on my name in blue and selecting the email icon or Start a Conversation, and providing the following information.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason:

Thanks,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 15th, 2013 13:00

Hi JamieYXPS2013,

I am following up on your concerns regarding the quality of packaging our systems are shipped in from the factory to our customers. This will advise I forwarded your comments to the factory. Regrettably, I was not able to determine the source of the material or the standardization of the packaging process.

After reviewing your account records, I was able to verify you are in contact with other customer care representatives who have concluded your case successfully. Should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for choosing Dell,
Lorna

No Events found!