Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

EC

June 6th, 2018 14:00

Question on Cancelled Order & Price for Reorders

I’m hoping someone here can help me with an issue.

I have been a loyal Dell customer for many years, having purchased Dell products for the last 9 years, and recently had an order that was cancelled by Dell and had to reorder my laptop at a higher cost.

I placed an order for a Dell Inspiron 7773 laptop on June 1st during Dell's  promotion period which was 10% off through June 3rd. I received a confirmation of the order, then I checked on the status of my order online afterward and it had a warning box that said that there was an issue with the order and to contact Dell at 1-800-624-9897. I called, but unfortunately they were closed on the weekend. So I contacted the Dell sales support team via chat and spoke with an agent on there.

I explained to the agent via chat that I was concerned that I had received notice of an issue with my order. I also explained that I had received a 10% discount on my order on the website and wanted to ensure that my order would not be cancelled.

I was worried that I would lose my 10% off (+$50 off coupon) if my order was cancelled and subsequently had to reorder the laptop. So it was very important that this order not be cancelled. I asked whether she could provide information about the order. She said that the Verification Team needed to be contacted to release the order, and to call them on Saturday, June 2nd in the morning. Additionally, she said that orders are usually placed on hold for 24-48 hours before they are cancelled. My exact words to the agent was " I just hope I can get the verification issue resolved tomorrow and not have my order cancelled.".

The Agent replied, "you will, thank you."

So I called the number on Saturday and got an automated message that they were closed. Apparently the department is closed on weekends.

So I had to wait until Monday June 4th to call Dell’s Verification Team since they were closed on Saturday and Sunday. When I spoke to the agent there, they informed me that everything was fine. The agent said that the account was on a hold, but that there was no issue that needed to be verified by her team, and the order was being processed. I asked if I needed to do anything else, and she said that I did not. Afterward, I checked on my order status online. The order status said "Processing". No warning box that there was any issue. I felt reassured that everything was okay.

Today, I checked the status on my order and the order status had been changed to: This order has been changed or cancelled. Two Dell agents had assured me that this would not happen, but it did!

I immediately called Dell Customer Support. An agent told me that I needed to contact the Verification Team. The Verification Department told me that there wasn’t a verification issue. They said the order had been cancelled due to a "technical issue." She said that I would need to speak with the sales team to discuss reordering my inspiron laptop. 

I was then transferred to the Sales Department. The agent there informed me that my order had been cancelled due to a technical authorization issue. I told him that my account was authorized by Dell in the full amount for the laptop I had ordered online. He was not able to explain to me fully why my order had therefore been cancelled. My credit card account clearly showed the pending transaction.

When he told me the total for the order, it was $75 more than what I was originally charged for the laptop. When I bulked at the price, he said that it was due to the fact that the order had been cancelled by Dell, and that the 10% off plus $50 off coupon code I used during the promo was no longer available.

I told the agent that I should only pay what I originally paid, and after being put on hold for several minutes, he said that he could offer the 10% discount, but could not apply the $50 off.

I ended up paying $30 more than I originally paid because at that point, I just needed to get this laptop.

So, all that is to say, I cannot understand why I was told so many different things over the course of the last several days. I shouldn’t have been told to call the Verification Dept if there wasn’t in fact a verification issue. My order should have never been cancelled – which I was assured by two agents would not happen. After all of that, I had to reorder my laptop, and I should have at least been given the same price as I originally paid not $30 more. And I wasn’t offered any expedited shipping so now my laptop ship date has been delayed.

Someone please help me understand what happened here. And if there is any advice for getting the original price I was supposed to pay. 

Am I just out the money, or is there something I can do?

As I have said, I’ve been a loyal Dell customer for 9 years, and this experience has caused me a lot of trouble. And I would greatly appreciate feedback.

Thank you!

Eli C

No Responses!
No Events found!