Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 18th, 2013 14:00

Resolved - Inspiron 660, Staples purchase, incorrect ram

I just bought this PC last week from Staples in Washington, PA. I paid the price of Inspiron 660 Desktop for 8 GB memory, but come with a PC only have 4 GB memory. They do not want to do anything with it. After talk to them for 3 hours, they give me Dell number to call. Speak to Dell guy, one said Dell can not do anything, Staples sale man said they can not do anything because I should get a 8 GB PC. I really don't think either one of them doing the right with their business. I am going to order 4GB memory to install it. I point it out for people so  hopes that it will cause customers to purchase  the product elsewhere and we'll refrain from purchasing anything from Staples again.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 12:00

Ok, just one 4GB stick was sent out.

7 Posts

August 9th, 2013 12:00

Thank you very much, everything is good now with your help.

problem solved.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 18th, 2013 16:00

celine9091,

My apologies for the issue. Staples could have done a better job correcting this. Please contact me via private message by clicking on my name in blue, and then clicking "Start Conversation". Provide the following information -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Inspiron 660 Service Tag Number:
Reason: Staples invoice shows 8GB memory, shipped with only 4GB memory

It will take some time to get the Service Tag ownership from Staples into your name. So that will be the first thing I do. Once that is complete, I could send out two 4GB memory sticks (part VT8FP). Are you or someone there comfortable opening the case, removing the two 2GB memory sticks and inserting the two 4GB memory sticks in the slots on the motherboard? The instructions to do this are in the Owner's Manual.
* Go here:
http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-660
* Click on the Owner's Manual
* Read through the sections;
Before You Begin
Computer Cover
Memory Modules

7 Posts

July 18th, 2013 19:00

Yes, I can have my department IT to install the memory if you would like to send to me. I called and talk to someone in Dell, he said if staples can let him know i did buy 8 GB PC, Dell will send me 4 GB memory, but after we had confence call, people from staples already tell him i did order 8 GB memory PC, the Dell person still say he can not do anything since I did not order from Dell. that is why i feel not either one doing right with their business, 4 GB memory cost not that much, I can just buy it myself, but cost enough to make your business looks bad. right? staples did not do well, Dell either, because i bought Dell PC, right?

7 Posts

July 18th, 2013 20:00

If my problem is not solved yet, i don't like to see my post removed, i am report the trurth. I have my right to post anything that i wish people to read, right?

7 Posts

July 18th, 2013 22:00

I received email says my post removed. That was why I wrote that. I am just trying to issue my fact here. I sent the information that you requested. Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you very much.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 18th, 2013 22:00

What are you talking about? None of your post were removed? You also did not send me the data I asked for in my previous message?

"I have my right to post anything that i wish people to read, right?"
* Wrong. What you post has to be in line with the Forum Terms of Use which you agreed to when you joined the Forum.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 20th, 2013 09:00

I submitted the form to get the service tag ownership into your name. It will take 10 to 15 business days for this to happen. Once done, I can ship you two 4GB memory sticks. You will return the two 2GB memory sticks to Dell.

7 Posts

July 20th, 2013 11:00

Thank you very much. I will send the RAM back after I received the right memory. Have a nice weekend

7 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 11:00

Chris,

I just had my IT person checked my PC, he said i have a 4GB RAM, not two of 2GB.  I guess whenever you get everything work out, you can just send me one of the 4GB, not two of 4GB as you said at last post.

Thank you.

No Events found!