Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2015 22:00

Rude & Dishonest

I cannot believe the service or lack of that I've received from Dell over the last hour and 16 minutes and still counting.  I called tonight because I recently purchased another Dell computer, this time an All in One computer.  I have a printer that still works from my previous Dell purchase that still works just fine and before purchasing it, I verified with the agent that my existing printer would work with my new desktop all in one.  I was assured it was.  When I first called Dell, the IVR stated that I would be on hold for 10 minutes, that quickly turned into 20+, I received the 1st agent who informed me that I had reached the wrong department but they would get an agent online and then transfer me.  Just like some of the other customers, that didn't happen, I was quickly dropped into the next que to start all over.  After reaching that agent, they advised that I needed to go to the "printer" dept, well I hold again for a shorter time this time and get there and the agent advises that I will need to go to the "out of warranty dept", I get to the out of warranty dept and this is where my trouble really begins.  I get an agent online and I of course start all over and explain the situation, I inform her that the 1st agent advised that I needed to have my "driver" installed on my printer.  The agent, MEENU advises me that I need to purchase a new printer.  I politely explained, even during her interruptions and over-talking me that I was advised that this printer would work.  I even tried to offer her the "error message" that I was receiving from my printer when she abruptly raises her voice and states, that I would need to speak to the "in warranty dept" because of my newly purchased computer...I then explained that I had been transferred multiple times and I wanted to make sure that I was going to the right department.  I also was concerned about whether the information was valid because she contradicted her statement of me needing to by a new printer vs. going to the new warranty dept for assistance.  After questioning this, she states, "fine, I can help you but it's going to cost you, I have to charge you because it's the policy".  I asked her if I could speak with someone in management because of the misinformation that she had communicated and her rudeness.  She then place me on hold for approx. 6-7 mins to come back and say that her manager was in a meeting and would be for the next 15 mins.  I asked if he could call me back since I'd been on hold for so long...that was a NO GO..she then stated that I needed to speak to someone in New Warranty and that she would hold on line with me to explain the situation to them to prevent me from having to.  So 1 hour, 28 minutes and 26 secs later, I'm still online with no assistance.

I am beyond disappointed at the service I've received and I'm not 2nd guessing my loyalty to Dell, especially if this is the type of dishonest information that I will receive and the Customer Service to top it off.  I really need to understand what training process is in place to ensure me that as a long time customer that this is not the "NORM".

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 26th, 2015 08:00

Our apologies for the debacle. The hold times should not have happened. A new computer will have Windows 8 or 8.1 installed. The first technician should have simply checked the Dell printer file library to find the printer model to ascertain if that printer even has the new operating system drivers. Did they or you do this yet? What specific printer model?

11 Posts

July 29th, 2015 17:00

I hate having to call. But, here's their trick: The trick is that you call +1 (800) 624-9897 or +1 (800) 624-9896, and the international call centers answer. But If you keep pressing zero, a "receptionist" answers. Ask if this is the corporate office receptionist (The so-called "receptionist" will say "Yes"), then ask him where this call center is located. And whatever he says that is international, just say "Is Dell Corporate Office in Round Rock Texas?" the so-called "receptionist" will say "Yes." . Now say "If you're the corporate office receptionist, then why aren't you located in Round Rock, Texas because that's where the corporate office really is." Now, here's another trick that Dell used, he used his corporate office number on Whitepages and Google Maps aaand routes people to the same answering system as the customer service's system. So go online, and REQUEST FOR THE CORPORATE OFFICE !!!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 30th, 2015 07:00

If you need technical assistance, the fastest way to receive help is by contacting @DellCares via Twitter. They are available 24/7 to look into any concerns. If you don't have a Twitter account, you may also contact us through the Dell Facebook Support page; their service level is 1 hour.  You may also contact Dell Online Support.  Let us know how we may help!

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!