Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2023 21:00

S2722QC, broken LCD, possible to get it repaired?

I have dropped my monitor which is S2722QC and its LCD has been broken. It has warranty but as I was the one broken it, I just want to know if it is possible to repair and how much will be the cost around? Computer detects the monitor even can use its speaker via HDMI, so I think the only  problem is the LCD.

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

January 26th, 2023 06:00

The cost to replace a panel (if you can even find one) will be equal to or exceed the cost of a replacement monitor.  Most reputable repair shops won't even try since monitors are very often assembled with strong adhesives that are just about impossible to remove and replace.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 26th, 2023 06:00

Dell does not repair monitors or sell monitor internal components. You will have to seek a local Monitor/TV repair center to see if they can disassemble the monitor. Then look for the panel on 3rd party sites.

3 Posts

January 26th, 2023 18:00

Thank you. I have search about cost it seems it is possible to repair around 20~30 k with 3rd party LCD but it cost was around 40k. and cheap lcd monitors can get around 20~25k. so it is not worth to repair at the end. I am planning to buy a new monitor when i find a good discount.

3 Posts

January 26th, 2023 19:00

Thank you for reply. I have decided to buy a new one, but current Dell online store prices higher than other online stores like amazon or rakuten. i will try to find a good discount for better models. how should i process for recycle the broken one

No Events found!