PhoenixFlare
1 Copper

RE: SCAM - Tech Support Call

Yup.

Made another post here myself on the same subject a little while back, got the same canned response and a link to a form that i'm apparently supposed to spend hours putting the hundreds of service tags I support into.

3 more calls this week, it's always someone in a call center who obviously has access to up-to-date info on the service tags I support, as well as possibly my repair tickets as well.

Interestingly, one of the guys who called yesterday, I noticed was Russian-accented.

Dell has clearly lost control of their customer information at some or all levels.

ajakowenko
1 Copper

I just got a call from "Dell" who knew EVERYTHING about my computer, and my full name. This is much worse than a typical scammer, and the fact that Dell will not address it fully means that I will definitely NOT be buying a Dell again until they get their $hit together and admit to what happened and what they've done to prevent it. 

wakarimasen
1 Copper

Just a bump to note that this is STILL current. I'm pretty savvy about scams but even I was almost taken in by the sheer quality and amount of info the scammers use. Wonder how long Dell can keep a lid on whatever data breach it clearly has...

CelticRhys
1 Copper

Hey, waka, I get calls from these people too, numerous calls..not only is it odd they know only what Dell should know but how did this joker know I was downloading a lot of files from the Dell website for 4 days? This is clearly inside. I'm contacting one of those class action at firms tomorrow and get a court action going if one hasn't been done yet. There is clearly an internal breach and their internal security is non functional.
Cee Cee1
1 Copper

I'm getting calls alerts on my screen, like your computer has a virus please call dell gives me a number to call it looks like a Dell number. I don't no who to trust any more or who to call to get everything under control. Mind you Iv had my 15" 2 in 1 for less then a year and I just got it sent back and they new all of that but one this they said was someone was on a **bleep** site now if my oldest son had stayed home ok but he had spent the night over a friend's house for the last few days and my four year old played Redbox so from it coming from the shop cleaned reset no one has used it since I sent it in so I called it in. Nothing still. Now when I do get a hold of someone they ask me if they can take control of my laptop just like the scammers how am I to trust any one. 

0 Kudos