Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2019 01:00

SE2419H, LCD cracked when moved table

I bought 2 Dell monitors (SE2419H) in June 2019, in Singapore. Within a month, one of the screen went blank, stop working. They replaced it shortly. The next month, one cracked when i was moving table. There is no holes in the external screen, but internally there were crack lines all over. Support says it is accidental damage, so warranty not covered. What I cannot understand is how a monitor screen can crack so easily under such circumstances? How can the protection be so bad? I saw others selling away their crack Dell screen in classifieds. Are there many users having this issue?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 23rd, 2019 06:00

Thank you for your message. Sorry to know about the damage to the monitor.

I am afraid, as the support team mentioned, this is not covered under warranty as this is accidental damage. The monitor will not get damaged by itself unless there is an external force. This might have happened when the screen was moved. 

2 Posts

September 28th, 2019 02:00

Thanks for your reply.

Further to that, the support team couldn't advise where I can get the replacement spare part panel. I have checked with the distributors here, and they do not have it.

I don't mean the monitor cracked by itself. I am just amazed by how fragile the monitor is.

Any advise on that?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 28th, 2019 05:00

Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor internal components like the panel, or have monitor disassembly documentation.

No Events found!