Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2015 11:00

Scam Calls from an alleged Dell Support person

I started receiving daily calls from someone with a thick accent (possibly Indian based on my call center work experience).  He insisted on speaking with my family member about a virus on his Dell.  He knew that type of dell and the person's email address.  It happened that the Dell was being used by me so I knew he was lying. He wanted information to fix the alleged virus, he was trying to steal confidential information by gaining access.  

I told him I'd take a message numerous times, he refused and wouldn't give a number. I tried hanging up over and over but he just kept calling a few times daily hoping to get the person he was asking for saying that it was 'urgent' due to this virus. Yesterday, a different person called and I yelled "Fraud, fraud, liar!' and heard laughing in the background. They keep calling.  Since this is a scam from another country, telling them that you are on the 'do not call list' in the beginning doesn't work.

I just want people to be aware so you don't have your identity stolen.:emotion-7:

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 22nd, 2015 12:00

Our apologies. We have notified our Dell Securities team about these scammer attacks. Follow the instructions here to check your system and also to give DELL-Lorna M all the data we need to send on to our Securities team.

No Events found!