Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2015 06:00

Shopping Cart Infinity Loop

I have been trying for the last several days to access my saved shopping cart in my Small & Medium Business account.  So yesterday I spend a grand total of 2 hours on the phone being transferred from department to department trying to get this resolved. Apparently there is on one at Dell to contact for web site issues like this....  I couldn't find anyone who was able to help me and I am still stuck! 

It will either give me a Gateway Timeout message 

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference # x.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

Or it says: We're sorry, but the page you accessed is temporarily unavailable. Please return to the previous page using the back button of your browser and refresh. If the page is still unavailable, please come back later or Contact Us to place your order.

ecomm.dell.com/.../error.aspx;error_type=UNKNOWN&STS=1

Sometimes it comes back with a message telling me I'm not signed in and when I sign in again it takes me back to the same message telling me to sign in.  

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

December 11th, 2015 10:00

First of all what browser are you using?  Dell is optimized for Internet Explorer so if you do not use that, you might want to try just this one time to get your order processed.  Another thing you can try is to clean out your cookies and cache.  That can be done several different ways depending on the browser you are using.  That might help get whatever is glitching out of the system.  

2 Posts

December 14th, 2015 06:00

I had tried with Chrome, Firefox, and IE...  Also had the same result on two different computers.  It is acting better today so maybe it was a site issue and not  just something in my account.  

No Events found!