Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2016 12:00

Support is not supporting

The company I work for has used Dell for as long as I can remember, and you guys have always been great. I placed a personal order through the employee purchase program and have not received that same level of support. I've come here to see if I can finally get some help.

I ordered a new computer that was supposed to arrive tomorrow, but the order is apparently "invalid" - what that means, I'm still not sure. When I called the order support number that I was given by the chat agent, I spoke with a woman who called herself "Mary". After about 10 minutes of attempting to get it resolved, I eventually asked to speak with someone else because I was having a very difficult time understanding her. She proceeded to call me racist and then transfer me to the main line. I called back 4 times and managed to get her every single time, although the last time she called herself by a different name. Of these times, she hung up on me twice, put me on an infinite hold once, and then I ended up hanging up on her the final time out of frustration. I repeatedly asked for a manager or to talk to someone else, but she insisted on name-calling and cyclical conversations.

Really and truly, I wanted to get this laptop because I know that you guys make quality product, but after this nightmare, I wouldn't suggest a dell purchase to anyone. I never even got notification that the order wasn't going to process. I luckily had chatted to get the shipping address updated. 

Sorry for the rant. I am just dumbfounded by this situation and needed to share.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 29th, 2016 15:00

Hi Charles Thomas, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. We appreciate anyone who takes the time to bring their customer experience to our attention. Customer feedback remains an important tool in evaluating out products and services. 

Please accept my apology for any frustration or disappointment this matter may have caused. I was especially concerned to read that a Dell representative denied you access to a supervisor or provided you with anything less than the most courteous and professional service.  Clearly, any degree of rudeness on the part of our representatives is completely unacceptable. We trust that our front-line representatives will normally be capable of providing you with appropriate assistance, but if at any time you wish to speak with a supervisor, you have the right to do so. A supervisor may not always be immediately available, but if this is the case, a callback will be arranged. 

I am happy to look into the order on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access  your account records. 

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!