Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2016 10:00

Tag transfer

I have a dell laptop(service tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>) which is brought from amazon(USA).

Right now I am in india.

It has an issue with hard disk. Laptop is under warranty. I called service centre. They told me to do tag transfer.

For warranty purpose I have followed all the procedure of service tag transfer twice.

I have weighted 17 days.

But still there is not a single mail I have received.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 20th, 2016 10:00

Hi shreyasdantkale,

Thanks for posting in the USA forum.

Apologies that you are having difficulties with warranty service in India.  Unfortunately products bought in the USA can not be exported, which could be causing part of the problems.  Also, not all warranties and services are available in other countries, because either the parts or services are not available in that country. Here is a brief description from the international  tag transfer page:

Service contracts that are non-transferrable.
Return to Depot, Complete Care, Same Day, and Parts Only contracts are not always available for transfer outside of the region the coverage was purchased in; please review your contract agreement purchased for more information.

In order for Dell to ensure full compliance with all U.S. Export Regulations, we ask customers involved in certain transactions to provide a Letter of Assurance (LOA). If Dell's Export Compliance Organization requires an LOA, this will delay the processing of your request. If an LOA is required, we will notify you via the email address you have provided. Dell's Export Compliance Organization must also perform a review of certain other International Tag Transfers which may or may not delay the processing of your request. If your request requires this type of review you will not be notified unless Dell's Export Compliance Organization needs further information from you.

For Asia Pacific countries that are listed as "Asia Pacific indirect" please see the information here:

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/ap/topics/contacts/en/sadm_contacts?c=ap&l=en&s=gen

For EMEA countries that are listed as "Europe indirect" please see the information here:

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/contact/edb/index?c=eu&l=en&s=bsd
 What region is my country located in?
 Click here to request status on a transfer that HAS EXCEEDED THE COMPLETION TIMES BELOW. If the completion times HAVE NOT EXPIRED please DO NOT request status.(this allows sufficient time working your request, rather than nonessential researching time).

Normal time to process an International request is 30 days.

Hope this information is helpful.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!