Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2014 16:00

Tech Support iYogi sales pitch

Called Dell tech support today because of a blue screen of death event.  Was connected to a tech from iYogi who did some clean up of my computer. He then tried to pressure me, claiming that I needed "to optimize my computer" by buying an iYogi product which turned out to be a maintenance contract. He backed off when I pointed out that I already have a one year premium service contract with Dell. I do not appreciate being subjected to an iYogi sales pitch when using my Dell Premium Phone Support for which I already paid $70. Why does Dell use such a company as iYogi and allow them to push their products to people who call in? On other occasions I have reached "Dell" techs who provided good support without the high pressure sales pitch or any sales pitch at all.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

April 1st, 2014 18:00

claiming that I needed "to optimize my computer" by buying an iYogi product which turned out to be a maintenance contract. He backed off when I pointed out that I already have a one year premium service contract with Dell. I do not appreciate being subjected to an iYogi sales pitch when using my Dell Premium Phone Support for which I already paid $70.

hagfos,

He was out of line........

Z..........

No Events found!