Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2016 12:00

Technical support team blocked my service tag due to reason i have nothing to do with it

I am using Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop. I bought it for Rs. 35500/- after one year i extended the accidental warranty by giving Rs. 12000/- for two years. Dell has provided me gud services before. Recently my laptop screen was replaced on dated 19.09.2016. I found out that there is some problem in this screen also. so i replied to the dell email on dated 21.09.2016(after three days) and inform them regarding this. That call was attended by medha. She said she will soon replace that screen also.  Then i also requested her to replace my laptop body also because i met with an accident and send her the pics of broken body . She said you will be able to use this accidental warranty benefit only one time . I said ok. I also said her to replace charging adaptor. So tottaly i had requested to replace three parts(body, screen and adaptor) She booked the service. 

Then i got call from medha(who booked my service) she said she had wrongly booked my service . Since it is my 10th service and it is company policy to have a labour call (engineer will visit my house and check why my laptop is creating problem and again) i cooperated with her and said sure. I am also curious to know that why my laptop screen develop dots on screen. 

As decided engineer visited my home and check my  laptop thoroughly. and found that my problem which i am saying is genuine and those parts should be replaced. He called the customer care and requested to book the service. He also requested some more parts to be changed which he noticed in my laptop. That call was attended by soumya . He dictated her the serial number/PPID's of parts to her

Then she called me in night and said sir the parts are very much and total cost of these parts is high. So there are two options left to you. Either you visit chandigardh service centre(very far from my home)  or have my laptop replaced with refurbished laptop. 

I refused to both the options as i could not visit service centre as i was busy in my offfice work. Moreoever i requested to replace the parts. 

She said for this she need approval from higher authority. I said thats your problem . I need service fast as you are delaying service. Then i got call from higher authority(Esclating team) . That call was from some Harish. I tell him whole situtation that i am using my accidental warranty benefit first time so you should replace the parts. I am not comfortable with refurbished laptop. He said me ok wait for 24 to 48 hours we will call back.

Then he called me and said my request for parts replacement has been approved . They are going to check the PPID's of the parts. and later will create service. I said ok. 

Then i did not got any call from him. i give him email that why are you not replying and creating service. Call me asap.

Then i got call from Shalu(from Escalating team) She said they have blocked my service tag as the PPID's of the parts being replaced did not match with their database. I ask which parts PPID's does not match ? She said laptop screen, LED wire, LED back panel, adaptor. I ask her that my laptop screen was repalced last month by your engineer how can you say PPID's of that does not match. Moreoever my laptop body was never replaced not even charging adaptor. How can you say PPID's does not match. She said she does not know about it. It is your laptop you should know about it better. I had an argument with her at this. I said you are indirectly accusing me that this is my fault. Moreover it is not customer duty to note down the PPID's of the parts. Moreoever the parts which were never got replaced  . those i got with original new laptop. how can you say PPID does not match. She again said you should be knowing about this. She said they had blocked my service tag permanently. She did not give me any resolution and left me unhappy. and helpless. i requested her to again check the PPID's by their engineer. She refused. I said tell me the PPID's which she expect should be there on parts. That she also refused. 

I called the engineer who replaced my laptop screen i ask whether he my laptop screen which he replaced is genuine one or not? He said he replaced the screen which he got from dell. He provided me the PPID's of old and new laptop screen and said ask the dell customer care to reopen my laptop if there will be mismatch he will be responsible. He ask that he has done his job with honesty. 

Now i am trying to contact dell and ask them following questions?

1) ON what basis they were offering me refurbished laptop? at that time PPID was not an issue?

2) It is not customer duty to note down the PPID's of parts being replaced it is your internal process and if there is any mismatch then make your engineer responsible for it who may have done some mischeif.  not you customer.

3) The body parts which are never replaced till now , How can you say PPID of that does not match? even if it does not match what i can do for that? when you sell your laptop did you tell your customer to note down PPID's of all parts and customer shoudl make a record of PPID's of each part that is being replaced.?It is not my job ? it is your internal process. I am your customer and a lay man. I just need the service. and run my laptop fine. I have nothing to do with your internal process?

4) if i had not cooperated with team when my services were booked by medha? then till now my laptop parts would have been replaced till now. if i  would have been hiding anything or i had any theif in my mind i had never agreed for labour call and let the engineer check my laptop first before creating service. I welcome your decision and that time. 

5) I found it today that my dvdwritter is having two PPID's sticker on that. Now which PPID would you say is real and other is wrong? is it not funny? 

6) When dell engineer was dictating PPID at my home to customer care(Soumya) of the parts which needs to be replaced ? At that time why did not she said PPID is not matching?

7) When i refused your offers (visiti chandigarh or have refurbished laptop)and i requested to replace my laptop parts only which is causing them huge amount i guess. Dell has found an excuse to run away from services? When i asked Higher authority tell me the PPID you are expecting ? so that i can check my self (if you allow) where is mismatch then she refused to do so?

8) Why dont you allow to recheck the PPID's? Atleast i can check the PPID of laptop screen which dell engineer has provided me? Because you are afraid that your lie will get caught as dell enginner is sure that he has done his job with honesty. Even if a single lie( regarding laptop screen ) is found false, i will say whatever Dell escalating team is saying is whole false there is no PPID mismatch. You are just running from proving me service as the laptop parts being replaced are large in number.  It is for the same reason soumya has seek permission to higher authority and higher authority denied me providing service by indireclty prooving me wrong? 

it is a clear case of harassment by not providing services as services are being delayed by giving one excuse or other? i have paid for accidental warranty and now when it came the time of using that service i am being denied from future services also by blocking my service tag.

I have all the emails conversations and call records with dell Which if asked will be reproduced by me(even the conversation i had with the your engineer.

Through this  i am asking help to provide me dell services and unblock my service tag or at the end i have to go to . 
Service tag:-

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 17th, 2016 15:00

Hi vishaldhingra610, 

Thank you for contacting us on the Dell Community Forum US Customer Care Board. We appreciate anyone who will take the time to share their tech support customer journey. Customer feedback remains an important part of our evaluation of our products and services. 

This will advise I support US consumer customers with their care issues, such as how do I make a payment, or what is my order status. I am unable to perform any troubleshooting or provide any technical advice for your system. I can add your comments to your case file and ask the technician assigned to your case to contact you and provide an update regarding your technical concerns. 

Please reply to my Private Message and provide the requested information so I may forward your concerns to representatives supporting your area. 

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!