Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2013 08:00

Terrible Customer/Technical support...yet again!

My company uses computers on a daily basis, like most others, and rely on them to create revenue. We have been using Dell for years, although that will be changing soon, and purchase 5-10 new laptops a year. You would think after dealing with Dell's horrendous customer support we would have bailed a long time ago but this latest instance is the last straw. We sent a laptop in to be repaired, mind you it's less than a year old and having hardware issues, and were promised a temporary replacement laptop....by a date they didn't know. So, now Dell has added making promises they cannot deliver on to their repertoire. Congrats on your steady decline to the bowels of awful.While we wait for the replacement to maybe show up, we have 2-3 weeks to hope another of these increasingly fragile products doesn't break and we don't have to go through this process again before the first laptop even gets back to us Thank you Dell for making it easy and obvious that we should no longer be using your product. As an Electronics company we have a great deal of face to face interation with people are asked our opinions regularly. I think you know what we have to say about your product.

4 Posts

October 15th, 2013 09:00

Chris M,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am aware that providing such a conevenient service is not a policy of Dell's. That is why I stated Dell has added making promises they cannot deliver on part of their repertoire.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

Understood...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

JonB9,

"and were promised a temporary replacement laptop"

That is not Dell policy. Whoever told you this was incorrect. We do not offer "temporary replacement laptops". All you can do is wait for the Repair Depot to contact you with the results of their diagnosis and repair.

4 Posts

Chris M,

So, with a situation like this, where we were promised something that doesn't exist by an apparent wayward employee acting outside the procedures of Dell, is there no recitfying it? As a consumer I just accept being lied to and continue to use your product while either disregarding the blatant lie or hoping it doesn't happen again? With the steady decline of customer approval of Dell, which can be seen on even the first page of the forums, is there any action being taken to fix this? Are there any special considerations for larger accounts like ours being made to retain business?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 15th, 2013 11:00

is there no rectifying it?
* By rectifying do you mean going outside our Policy restrictions? If yes, then no.

is there any action being taken to fix this?
* I can take your service tag number (via private message only) and find the technician who said this and report it to their manager.

Are there any special considerations for larger accounts like ours being made to retain business?
* There are no special considerations to circumvent Dell policies.

4 Posts

October 15th, 2013 15:00

So, you'll tell on him for me... Regardless of the amount we have spent with you I will wait my 2-3 weeks...and Dell will not adapt its policies to make up for its increasingly fragile product and the poor customer service? Do I have that all right?

58 Posts

October 15th, 2013 16:00

My company uses computers on a daily basis, like most others, and rely on them to create revenue. We have been using Dell for years, , and purchase 5-10 new laptops a year.

JonB9,

If this is true, then your company must be purchasing from Dell's Business section, as Dell Consumer section won't sell that many to one customer.  Since your company is purchasing from the Business section, then your company has an account representative.  This person would be your first line of contact.  Additionally, businesses have a different type of care and tech support than the regular public, so your company should be covered by that.  What I'd suggest is to have your company's IT guy contact Dell's Business Support and get this resolved.  That's what our company does.  Dell sends out a technician to our office the next business day.

If your company didn't take advantage of Dell's Business section, and bought through the Consumer section, then the same rules apply to your company that applies to the rest of us, and your company lost a lot of money by paying retail.

Good Luck, and let us know how you come out on this.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 16th, 2013 13:00

That is correct. I cannot make policy changes. Your best bet is to post your opinion of our policies on the Dell IdeaStorm.

No Events found!