Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

5 Posts

December 14th, 2019 10:00

Terrible XPS 15 repair service.

I Got my XPS15 in late October and immediately noticed two issues, the screen would flicker at its lowest brightness and the sound card would play a high pitched whine through the headphone jack when it goes into its power-saving mode (after 10 seconds of not playing audio). I figured that I could probably find a software fix for the audio card, just force it to not go into power savings mode. So I decided to contact Dell about the display. to my surprise, they sent someone out the next day with a "new" screen to put on my computer. the new one still had the flickering issue, however, I came to find out that this is due to dell allowing you to dim the panel past its lowest specified brightness level, not because the panel has an issue. Because of this, I could live with the flicker, and I made that known to dell. unfortunately, I noticed two blemishes at the bottom of the display. I told dell about this asking them to take note of the issue so I don't get penalized over the physical damage in the future. The Dell rep immediately told me that they would send out another display. The same guy then came to put on the new display but we noticed that the new display had worse damage than the current one! We contacted Dell and told them to cancel the repair and to note my concern. This is when I found out that the display replacements are all refurbished parts, hence the damage. But I had just purchased this computer new, I didn't purchase a refurbished scratched up computer.  I could live with the display as it was, the damage really wasn't that bad. During all of this, however, I had found no solution for the headphone jack and the computer had developed some pretty horrid coil whine. When I got an email asking how my experience was, I couldn't help but explain my entire situation as I have told it here. I also mentioned the coil whine/headphone issue and I explained what the problem was and how we could solve it. I soon had the chance to talk to a supervisor who I told the same information to, he ensured that my problems would be solved if I sent the computer to them for repair. He told me it would be a 5-day turnaround. I happily sent off my computer hoping it would come back good as new. unfortunately, after over 2 weeks later I finally got the computer back to find the service tag cover half ripped off and stuck to the protective bag as well as a display that is more damaged than all of the previous ones combined. The service notes only say that they replaced the display, even though I included a detailed list of the issues with the computer when I sent it in. I am now trying my best to get one of Dell's support reps to understand my situation so that someone can hopefully help me with my $2,000.00 computer!! One of them just told me that any repairs would come out of my pocket because the computer is damaged. But they are the ones who are giving me damaged parts!!! I love my XPS 15, but Dell's customer support is the worst thing I have ever encountered. My advice is to return any and every dell computer that has any sort of issue. the repair process isn't worth the hassle.

• 

25.7K Posts

December 14th, 2019 11:00

We have responded to you via Private note. Please review and get back to us.

Dell-Prashanth

December 14th, 2019 11:00

Oh, and by the way, I was also ignored for 2 weeks by Dell. I sent two emails to an address I was told I should use, then when I contacted dell through their normal email to ask what's going on I received 65 automated emails in response within the span of 5 minutes.  Still no response after 48 hrs regarding that email. it's a shame that a customer has to resort to writing forum posts to get anyone to care about their problems. Today alone I have talked to three dell reps on the phone. The first one got disconnected, the second transferred me to another unrelated department who doesn't understand my situation and who has had me on hold for about 30 minutes now. I expect to make no progress by calling dell support.

January 8th, 2020 14:00

Update: as of 1/8/2020 I have received my new laptop which is experiencing the exact same issues as the original computer. Despite my best efforts to resolve the problem myself, I have been unsuccessful. Dell has been responsive, yet completely unhelpful. The issues i have been experiencing are issues with what i can only assume is all XPS laptops with my hardware configuration. I have given multiple dell employees all the required information to resolve the audio issue that I have been having, yet none have taken the necessary steps to resolve the problem. I am still completely dissatisfied with my experience with dell.

• 

25.7K Posts

January 19th, 2020 14:00

Do reach out to us in private and we would like to review and help you further.

Aby

No Events found!