Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2017 18:00

Terrible experience

We bought a DELL laptop for our son for college not even a year ago. It has been back to DELL service twice and each time it comes back with the same problem. They have replaced the motherboard and the heatsink and the keyboard. The GPU is not working. The reference number is 338113729. I am going to contact our state *** general to find out what our rights are because we are getting no where with the repair. 

I would never recommend a DELL at this point and this will be our last if the company does not step up and replace this lemon.

Who do I contact to elevate this complaint?

December 5th, 2017 00:00

I'm currently in the same boat.... signed up for forums to see if I could contact someone to escalate my case.

Does it happen to be an Alienware 17 R4?

2 Posts

December 5th, 2017 04:00

Hi

I got a response when I took to Twitter. Tweet a complaint to @dell and they will respond also to @dellcares They will respond.

It seems the laptop we have is a faulty GPU but it's been serviced twice and still no resolution. About to go in for third service!

Good luck

December 5th, 2017 12:00

This is going on week three of this same charade for this issue... support giving me the go around. and prior to this..... it took a month and a half to get support to do anything about it. 

December 5th, 2017 12:00

I've always viewed Alienware products as top the line..... This experience has dramatically shifted the false perception in the opposite direction. They need to do something about this and actually provide some customer support.

Rather than....... (Email response from today)

Hi Josh ,

We hope you are doing well.

We recently created a dispatch to resolve an issue with your system. Following up on DPS number: 339401174, our Field Service Technician received the part and will contact you very soon for the service visit.

The next update about your case will be provided through email in 4 business days. However, you can always reply directly to this email and I will contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you for choosing Dell,

Silvia Rivas 
Dell | Technical Support 

No Events found!