Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2015 10:00

Thanks for keeping my information secure, Dell!

Just received a call from a restricted number about my computer, complete with service tag, etc.

I NEVER EVER use free wi fi, etc- with this particular computer  -only my secure network at home (managed by full-time IT professionals).

The only way they got this private info was from DELL.

Great to know that my info is NOT secure.

Makes my next computer buying decision easier- Dell is eliminated from considerations!

It's not the first  from Dell.

I bought a computer from them (Inspiron 15, i5), and it's been lousy- - terrible, terrible graphics, such that I wanted to return it immediately.  

My Toshiba netbook (!) runs circles around it (and Dell should be embarrassed about that!)

However, it took ~ 4 months for Dell to finally get it's  together to issue the return authorization (and NO ONE spoke intelligible English at any time in the entire process). 

4 months is FAR too long- I had to use the computer for work, so was stuck with it. (Timeliness is a key business attribute, Dell!)

Now security violations!

Sweeet!

Disgusted with Dell.....

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 8th, 2015 16:00

Our apologies. We are aware of the problem and have notified our Dell Securities team about the scammer attacks. Follow the instructions in the sticky, "Scammers posing as Dell Technical Support" found at the top of this Customer Care board. As far as troubleshooting, please post your technical issue on the Laptop Video board so our Laptop users can assist you.

No Events found!