Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2014 10:00

This is my last Dell computer as they have failed me again!

I purchased a desktop about 5 years ago and recently in 2012 purchased a top of the line XPZ15 laptop.  With the purchase of my laptop, I felt it would be a good idea to buy the extended warranty, which cost me quit a bit extra. My lap top worked good for the first year, then it started giving problems. After they fixed it the first time, I noticed that the battery life was a lot shorter and the laptop would overheat (neither of these problems were a concern before I sent it in)! I also had a shadow or dark spot in the right half of the screen. Lastly, I had found  that something was rattling inside the PC, like a loose screw. I unscrewed the back and sure enough a screw fell out! I put it back together and called to have it fixed again. I have been waiting at least month as they say my parts have not arrived. They recently called to tell me that they are still waiting for parts and they are sending me an email which will explain how I can up grade to a newer one by trading mine in! The fact that I paid top dollar not only for the laptop and stretched for best extended warranty seems to be a waste of my time and money! In the last year my laptop either was not functioning correctly or it was not available because of the lengthy repair times! I feel I would be better off buying a new cheaper brand, every other year, rather than paying Dell the extra money  while being hopeful it was the right choice! Their customer phone service people are friendly, but I do not trust the people working on my PC nor the decisions Dell makes while trying to lure me into another PC. To call me while my PC has been with them for over a month and try to lure me into another PC was a bad marketing idea, and has made me feel the need to turn the other way! I have paid Dell OVER $5000 in PC's and additional accessories over the last 5 years and finally feel to make a separation from Dell!

I know i'm not the only one that has jumped ship, but Dell has just lost another faithful customer! 

Goodbye Dell!

7 Posts

April 25th, 2014 21:00

Really? Rather than reply with a resolution, you took the time to move my post!   I should of known better to post in Dells moderated forum! This makes me eager to be heard as I will find a lot of other interesting places! I think I will start with facebook! Between me and my wife we have... only about 1,000 friends! If you make me mad enough I will call my to see what my options are!

No Events found!