Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2017 13:00

To whom it may concern at Dell customer service

To whom it may concern at Dell customer service

First off my name is Richard. I feel that Dell computers is not taking my computer issues seriously. Dell customer service please review my case and contact me.

This is just to let others know what I have gone through.

(Just a little back story.)  I went from Windows XP home to windows 10.  There was a learning curve. In other words I didn't know the blue screens of death were what they were. I thought it was just windows updating and rebooting.

With that said I purchased a Dell XPS 8900 in Feb 2016. And I have had issues with it right out of the box from day one.

Present day. I have spent at least 200 hours of my time on the phone with Dell tech support trying to get this computer fixed these past 13 months. And Dell tech support has spent at least a min of 500 hours working remotely (Remote access) trying to fix these issus.

Dell determined that the video card was bad, and sent out a repair tech to my residents to swap out the video card.  And the problems continued. IE: Blue Screens of Death.

The next major incident Dell determined that the OS-Operating System - Windows 10 is bad.  So Dell tech support walked me through reformatting/washing the hard drive.  And the problems continued. IE: Blue Screens of Death.

At this time I have been bounced back and forth from tech support to the escalation team and back to tech support.

Now the 3rd major incident Dell determined that it was the mother board is bad. The escalation team shipped me a box to send the computer back to Dell's depot to repair the computer.  I was told that the mother board was replaced Note: That the computer is 13 months old and the parts are obsolete so it would be likely that they would be replacing the existing motherboard with a refurbished motherboard. And they also replaced the video card for a second time.  On top of being told that Dell had reformatted / washed the hard drive. But all my software was still on the computer when I got it back.  And so was all my bookmarks, and even the cashe was still on the computer. As it was when I sent it to the depot. I was told by person I have been dealing with in the escalation team. That they had transferred my software back onto the newly washed hard drive.

(My personal opinion / thoughts are the Dell depot did not wash the hard drive as I was told.  If it was they would have not saved the cashe and replaced that back on the computer.  But what do I  really know.  I have been working in the internet industry for the past 20 years.  I know a few things about computers.)  

And guess what.  I am still getting errors - Blue Screens of Death.

So now Now this is the 4th major incident and Dell determined that the hard drive has gone bad, and needs to be replaced.  So Dell sent a Dell repair tech to my residents for a second time (On 03-08-2017) to swap out an "Imaged Hard Drive" with the existing hard drive. The repair tech went beyond his duty and tried helping me with the computer.  We were getting errors IE: Blue Screens of Death with a brand new hard drive. So the repair tech called his tech dept to get instructions on BIOS settings. Dell was not happy about that. And they told the repair tech that I had to call in to tech support myself.  And I did call in to tech support.  They told me that I needed to reformat / wash the new hard drive and reinstall windows 10.  But what they failed to realize is that I needed a running, operating computer to download windows 10 to a flash drive, to even be able reformat the new hard drive. So the repair tech put the old hard drive back into the machine.  So I could get online and get on Dell and have the dell tech support take remote access of the computer to install and make sure we had a good version of Win OS 10.

The repair tech should be praised/rewarded not punished for helping, because the tech support dept is completely incompetent.

And we have barely touched the escalation team issues. They have shut me down on request I have made. About asking to have my extended warranty extended and prorated. (If and when we ever get this computer working properly.)  I purchased 3 additional warranty years, because it seemed that the first 9 months of the 13 months I have had this computer is not going to get fixed.  I have also asked to talk with the supervisor of the escalation team person I have been dealing with and fighting with throughout this entire process.  And told that there is no one higher up then the escalation team. The next higher up is the corporate office. And I can't get a phone number or email to talk with someone in that department. And I have also asked to talk with someone else in the the escalation team other then the person I have been dealing with. And I was told he was the only person in the entire the escalation team.    (I know that is not truee.  The escalation team has supervisors and their supervisors have a boss to answer to.) I have also asked why Dell wont send me a new computer and take this one back.  Again only to be shut down on that request. 

And as of now I am just waiting on the escalation team to contact me back, (they say someone will contact me back within 24-48 hours) from 03-08-2017.  I have been told that several times, and went 2 weeks before I ended up calling back to get these issues resolved. (I can not repete all the issues I have one more time and not lose my mind.)

I would really like to know how Dell can make things right.  By either shipping me a new computer and or getting this computer fixed and extending/prorating my warranty.   I would also like some sort of refund on my dell account.  As it is now, how I see it.  Dell is charging me full price for an XPS 8900 computer that has refurbished parts in it. And its still not fixed.    

Dell has made this one of the most unpleasant experiences. 

Also this is not the first time I have had issues with Dell.  Several years back I had spent 5 hours on the phone with Dell, and then the following day I spent an additional 3 hours on the phone just to get a shipping label emailed to me so I could print it out and ship back a printer cable.  Because Dell sent the wrong printer cable to begin with.

March 13th, 2017 05:00

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Dell Community Customer Care Forum regarding the system issues you've been facing.

We strive on providing excellent customer support and would like to ensure the issues reported are resolved within the support boundaries.

Private Message the Service Tag or a Service Reference number along with the registered name and your email address for me to review and take this further.

To Private Message, hover the mouse cursor over my user name and add as friend.

Regards,

Fuzail

7 Posts

March 25th, 2017 18:00

The last thing dell strives for is excellent customer support. 

No Events found!