Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

6 Posts

April 5th, 2019 08:00

U2718Q, Canada to Ireland, warranty transfer?

Hi All,

Just looking for confirmation on warranty transfer. I am thinking about purchasing a new Dell monitor U2718Q. I mainly reside in Canada so it will be purchased from Dell.ca. I work in Ireland a lot and I may transfer the warranty there. Is this possible? Dell chat said it cannot be transferred, however, I transferred my XPS warranty to Ireland no problem and other Dell products. Can anyone advise if I can transfer the monitor warranty? 

Thank You

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 8th, 2019 06:00

There is a specific form.

International Ownership Transfer Form

Ownership Transfer and Dell Product Registration Guides

https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/Warranty-and-Exchange-instructions-1-23-19/td-p/4762030

* Only the larger 27" and larger monitors get a Dell service tag number
* Go to the top of the Monitor Forum
* Only the 27" and larger monitors get a Service Tag number. There is no registration of a 24" or smaller monitor. If purchased directly from Dell (always a better idea), the 24" and smaller monitors get a Dell Order and Dell Customer number tying you to the monitor purchase. The Dell order number will tell us the length of the purchased warranty.

Purchased from Dell, no Service Tag
Monitors without a service tag number cannot be registered online or added to your existing Dell products or customer number database. When purchased from Dell, you receive a Dell Order and Dell Customer number. This order number automatically "registers" you to the monitor and tells the start and end date of the purchased warranty.

You may request a warranty and/or ownership transfer if you:

• Purchased or received a new or used Dell product
  • Sold or given away your Dell product
  • Moved to another country and need coverage in that region
  • Request permanent address change for your Dell product with a service tag
  • Own a product manufactured by a company that Dell has recently acquired

Note: Dell EMC has automated the service tag/system ownership transfer process for Businesses and Consumers.

Here's what you will need

• Service Tag (SERIAL NUMBER OF THE DEVICE) of product to be transferred or Dell Order and Dell Customer number.
  • Name and zip code used at time of purchase
  • Name and address warranty is being transferred to
No Events found!