Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 5th, 2018 10:00

Verification Department Run-Around - Order Discrepancy

Hi, on 3-30-2018 I ordered a monitor from dell.

I received an order number, purchase number, and tracking number.

I was charged for the order, the money was removed from my account, and the order was on its way with an expected delivery date of 4-5.

Today, 4-5-2018, I received a notification from FedEx that my order had been refused by the recipient in a city other than my delivery address.

On calling Order Support, I was told that I needed to speak with someone from account verification because the order had been put on hold.

When speaking with someone in verification, I was told that my bank flagged the charge as fraudulent and that I would need to contact my bank to find out why. No contact attempt was made by Dell through phone, voicemail, or email regarding this till I called to ask about the issue.

I contacted my bank and card issuer and have confirmed that no one at either had flagged the charge for any reason. This was either incorrect, or blatantly deceptive, information provided from Dell.

In reaching back out to the Verification Department afterward, I finally made it through to someone who informed me that Dell themselves had cancelled the order because of a verification issue.

I was asked to repeat my name, address, phone number, and all relevant information about my contact information before finally being told that the order was cancelled because the email address I provided for Dell did not match the email address on the debit card used.

I do not use the same email address for these two services and will not. This has never been an issue with any other company.

Does this mean I cannot make a purchase online through Dell?

No Responses!
No Events found!