Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2016 17:00

Very Disappointed with Dell

I am extremely disappointed with Dell. My son is at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital fighting for his life.  Given his very serious condition, he is unable to leave the ICU.  I wanted give him a gaming computer for Christmas so he can experience VR and escape from our situation even if just for a couple of minutes.   I ordered an Alienware 17 gaming computer ready for VR.  I ordered several weeks ago to ensure it arrived in time for Christmas.  Just to ensure it was going to arrive on time given the importance for my son, I took it upon myself to call Dell to get a status on December 13.  On the call on December 13th, I was informed for the first time that my order was mishandled by Dell and that it need to be canceled and reordered.  I never received a call or an email about this problem.

So I reordered the product and was assured it would arrived prior to Christmas for my son.  Today, December 21, just a couple days before Christmas, I called Dell to see the status of my shipment and was recently informed that the computer delayed due to lack of shipping material.  Again, I received no email or call regarding this delay.  I had to call to find out.  

To make matters worse, they cannot assure me that the product will be delivered by Christmas.  This is totally unacceptable and not the way to treat a client, much less one in such a difficult situation.  It is 7pm CST and no one is available to help resolve this problem and the customer service department is closed. I am beside myself of what Dell has become.  

Do you honestly think this is the way to treat your clients?  

Richard

December 22nd, 2016 09:00

Richard,

First I am very sorry to hear about your son!  If your model has an OLED Screen there has been some delays by Dell and it vendors in getting enough part in place to fulfill orders.

If you do not need this screen you could possible have the Order Modification take a look at your order and provide some assistance.  1 minute on the phone with them is worth hours on the phone with Order Support.

I am not sure what is wrong with Dell.  They used to be very good about communicating to their customer about delays or issues with orders.

You might have better luck in going to a brick and mortar computer store and buying your son a 17" Gaming laptop from another brand.  ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE, RAZOR are some of the other brands I have been looking at since Dell is not communicating about anything on these Alienware orders.

I do not work for Dell.  I am just trying to help you.  Have a Merry Christmas.

78 Posts

December 24th, 2016 08:00

You might have better luck in going to a brick and mortar computer store and buying your son a 17" Gaming laptop from another brand.  ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE, RAZOR are some of the other brands I have been looking at since Dell is not communicating about anything on these Alienware orders.

I do not work for Dell.  I am just trying to help you.  Have a Merry Christmas.

Ditto.
Richard,
I may be too late to help, but if you need help in tracking down a VR-capable laptop available in a local brick-and-mortar store, let me know which city you're in (Memphis, Charlotte, Tulsa, etc.).  I'd be happy to research for you and your son.

2 Posts

December 25th, 2016 22:00

Richard My thoughts and prayers are with you, your son and your family. As for Dell/Alienware - almost the same scenario and experience with my order. Same world class customer service. I'm giving them until Dec 27th. If I don't have the laptop or a tracking number by then I'm cancelling. My sister was at St Jude's many years ago. She's still here. I will pray your son gets well. Sean
No Events found!