Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 10th, 2011 06:00

Walsh Western Issues thread

We apologize for all the Walsh Western tracking issues. This is a USA based Forum. You should contact the Customer Service teams for your country to address Walsh Western issues. They will be better equipped to see your UK/Ireland order number and the tracking data.

Walsh Western Contact information:
Ellesmere Port, UK Phone:+44 (0)151 350 1005
Havant, UK Phone:+44 (0)2392 244 700
Hinckley, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 62 2500
Lutterworth, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 204 610

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

2 Posts

January 9th, 2013 02:00

Same here too.

Inspiron 15R SE Ordered 3rd Jan

Got status change to Shipped on morning of 8th Jan and a link to WWI.

However, the link sends me to a blank Walsh Western Page.

Tried various combinations of adding zeros, 02 etc on the Syncreon website, but no good either.

I can't believe this problem is still going on as I had the same problem with walsh western with my last 2 pc's bought 2 and 4 years ago.

Please Help

2 Posts

January 9th, 2013 02:00

@Jimbo9

How long it took 2 and 4 years ago from making order to final delivery?

2 Posts

January 9th, 2013 03:00

I can't recall how long. But I do remember the tracking didn't work then. Unbelievable that Dell still haven't rectified it!

2 Posts

January 9th, 2013 11:00

I just wanted to provide an update from my message dated 27/12/12.

About a day or two later the handler changed from Walsh Western to UPS.

The UPS site showed the package waiting to be picked up from Dell for a couple of days and then ultimately it was delivered a day after Dell said it would be so I was happy.

It seems the Walsh Western link may be a default link provided when your order is first ready to be shipped. It is then replaced by the real delivery company when available.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2013 04:00

Another case of being unable to track a delivery using Walsh Western. :emotion-6:

1 Message

February 9th, 2013 06:00

The link from my Order Details page (status: Shipped) to the Walsh Western tracking site doesn't work.  I get an almost-blank page with a Walsh Western logo and a couple of headings, and an empty blue table.  A look at the HTML source shows that it's an incomplete page (no closing body or html tags), but it's finished loading.

How can I get to see the status of my parcel?  I'd like to see where it is so that I can arrange to be at home when it arrives if possible.

1 Message

February 10th, 2013 01:00

I'm also waiting for delivery. My tracking information turned to shipped yesterday with a Walsh western link that was blank. I looked on the dell support and it does say that it can take 3 business days for information to appear on the shippers tracking page.

31 Posts

February 13th, 2013 07:00

Good one tomo.

In all seriousness though, back in 2004 I had problems with Walsh Western and tracking. Some companies get it and respond, some don't just have a clue.

2 Posts

February 28th, 2013 05:00

Hi,

I took today off work to receive my new Ultrabook and have just seen on the WWI tracking site that 'NO ACCESS TO SITE' has been posted this morning.

I live in a flat with buzzers/secure gate but thats rarely an issue and was in this morning so very frustrated.

Anyhow, WWI didn't leave a card so I've no idea what is going on and their track & trace site does not give any information on how to contact them.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks

1 Message

February 28th, 2013 11:00

I'd also like to know how to contact them, as the status of  my order was updated to "CUSTOMER NOT HOME - CARD LEFT" this evening, despite my house mate being in all day and not hearing any knock at the door and of course, no card was left.

So now I have no idea if they'll try and deliver tomorrow, or just do the same again and not bother. 

I'd love to contact them to see how I can actually get hold of my order! 

2 Posts

March 1st, 2013 11:00

I took a sickie today as I don't want to burn my annual leave with the expectation that they may try to redeliver today after yesterdays failure.

Nothing at all from the delivery people, no notes through my door or anything.

Dell - what do you recommend I do? I've no laptop, no 'delivery attempted' note, no contact details for the delivery agent. In short I've no idea what is going on!

I've saved for almost a year for this machine and it'll be my 3rd from Dell, and while it may not be a big deal for a large multi-national, it really is a big deal to me.

Please respond to this forum thread.

thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 1st, 2013 18:00

Rob P UK,

Our apologies but we cannot do anything from here in the USA. You need to contact Dell UK directly.
Our Social Media team in the UK: EMEA_SMaC_SOS_Team@Dell.com
UK Order Support http://dell.to/9JXMN0
UK Order Support Email http://dell.to/sarc8O
UK Order Support Phone 0844-444-4712

1 Message

March 2nd, 2013 04:00

I've ordered an ultrabook from Dell outlet which now says it is shipped, however the tracking link leads to a blank page with Walsh western heading and no info and the Dell estimated delivery now just states shipped. How will I know when my ultrabook is set to arrive?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 07:00

Diconsulting,

Please contact our UK Teams. We in the USA cannot access your order or tracking data.

UK Order Support http://dell.to/9JXMN0
UK Order Support Email http://dell.to/sarc8O
UK Order Support Phone 0844-444-4712

1 Message

March 4th, 2013 05:00

If you need to track an order this seems to work:

1) Go to Walsh Western’s Dell Tracking page at Walsh Western - Tracking for Dell

2) In the first box which asks for your Customer Number, do NOT enter the one which Dell have given you (also shown on the Status Page), but replace the letters GB and the first number (1) with the numbers 02 (zero, two) so that you are left with a 9 digit number, and enter this in the Customer Number Box.

3) Then enter your 8 digit Order Number in the next box, and click on Search

4) The progress of your order, should then be displayed

No Events found!