Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 10th, 2011 06:00

Walsh Western Issues thread

We apologize for all the Walsh Western tracking issues. This is a USA based Forum. You should contact the Customer Service teams for your country to address Walsh Western issues. They will be better equipped to see your UK/Ireland order number and the tracking data.

Walsh Western Contact information:
Ellesmere Port, UK Phone:+44 (0)151 350 1005
Havant, UK Phone:+44 (0)2392 244 700
Hinckley, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 62 2500
Lutterworth, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 204 610

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

April 12th, 2013 06:00

it would seem that I am not alone in having experienced a total collapse in the Dell customer support. I desperately needed a laptop before I leave on an extended trip overseas. I was assured by customer care that the laptop would arrive by the 11th April at the latest. it was then apparently shipped on the 5th of April and then the logjam started and some obscure "Merge Pick shortage" message which appeared despite giving an ETA of 8th of April for delivery. The buck seems to have now stopped with Walsh Western carrier :

Order Status MERGE PICK SHORTAGE.
Delivered On n/a
Received By WWI - HINCKLEY
Sent On 05/04/2013
Order No. 28455659
Box Qty 1
Weight 2 Kgs 
ETA 08/04/2013 Please check the order history below for any possible delays.
  History Date Time Location Activity
05/04/13 05:48 WWI - HINCKLEY MERGE PICK SHORTAGE.
05/04/13 05:45 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

This carrier is impossible to get in touch with. Dell seem to think they should not pick up phones during normal working days. Emails - where they promise to reply within 24 hours - are unanswered.

I have been a very faithful buyer of Dell for 15 years. But each time standards seem to slip and one can only wonder why Michael Dell wants to buy out this sinking ship. As another person said, it is off to Asus and Dell is no longer fit for purpose. 

5 Posts

April 12th, 2013 09:00

Hi John, 

I'm currently in the same situation, but I actually managed to contact Walsh Western on Wednesday, and was promptly told "we don't have it, speak to Dell". Something, as you said, has totally collapsed.

Regards 

Nick

April 12th, 2013 11:00

John, we regret the inconvenience caused. I would try and get an update on the status. I would request you to give me time till Monday as its weekend and would not be able to move this much.

Shridhar

16 Posts

April 13th, 2013 05:00

Unbelievable! 

My order is now in production according to the order status even though DELL have contacted me via email to say the required part will not arrive til the 26th April?!? What the heck are Dell playing at???!!!

Seems like I'm being lied to....(again)

6 Posts

April 13th, 2013 07:00

I cancelled my order mate. I was offered 10% off but I refused! I had an 11% voucher code plus 6% cashback so I ordered the 15r se with an i7 processor instead. I received an order confirmation within 5 hours and it was shipped the same day (yesterday). On the tracking info it says order picked instead if order shortage like it did with the old order. Dell clearly know there is a shortage of parts yet refuse to tell their customers, absolutely appalling! Customer service and the order process on the website needs to vastly improve, it is shocking.

16 Posts

April 13th, 2013 08:00

Really poor form from Dell - did you cancel over the phone or email? If phone - do you a UK landline number, i've asked but they just give me the silly premium rate numbers.

16 Posts

April 13th, 2013 09:00

Hi Nick - my situation mirrors yours too.. I like yourself do not mind delays but when companies make no attempt to state the situation that is really bad service, will look to cancel and never type Dell into my browser again.

5 Posts

April 13th, 2013 10:00

Hi guys, 

Yes, it really isn't great service is it?!

I'm going to keep my powder dry until after the weekend, currently I have four different individuals chasing this up! I will wait until Monday, as it's the weekend, to give them every chance to resolve this. 

I sincerely hope you all get a satisfactory resolution, whatever that may be. I'd certainly appreciate any updates you can give to your own situations, and I will update mine here when appropriate.

Good luck all

Nick

April 13th, 2013 21:00

Hello.

My name is Daniel and I live in the UK.

I ordered an Alienware Aurora R4 on the 30/03/2013 and my Estimated Delivery Date was 19/04/2013 but has now changed to 'Shipped' and there is now a tracking link below, like this;

Tracking Number: Track Here
Carrier: WWI
Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
Order Date: 30/03/2013

However when I click on the link I'm taken to a page with the Walsh Western International logo in the top left corner, a blue bar, and nothing else. 

Track & Trace B2C Version 2.0 April 14, 2013 04:06:26

It looks like that.

I'm hoping that someone could please help and let me know how I could figure out how to make it work, any info about where I could find my shipping status elsewhere, or if my computer has even been shipped because quite a few people seem to be being told that theirs has been shipped but hasn't even been built due to delayed parts etc.

Many thanks!

- Daniel M.

1.3K Posts

April 14th, 2013 05:00

Hi Daniel,

Please provide the name on the account and the order details through a private message. I will check the details and get back to you.

To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

1 Message

April 15th, 2013 02:00

Broken for me too. Same symptom.

April 15th, 2013 02:00

I really do hope it's just my impatience but it seems to be a common issue.. :emotion-42:

16 Posts

April 15th, 2013 15:00

It does seem that way - a silly 2GB of RAM lol?!!?

The annoying thing is that Dell have never actually said what this missing part is.. you would think they would at least tell people what is really going on.

5 Posts

April 15th, 2013 15:00

Just a quick update and a question.

The whole order/delivery side of the Dell and Walsh Western websites is still incorrect for me 10 days after ordering, despite my repeated attempts to get it corrected, so I can at least follow the progress of my order. I've pretty much given up any hope of this happening now and instead I can only hope that Dell CS are true to their word and continue to keep me informed by email and/or phone.

My order itself has apparently been "escalated" and my CS rep is waiting for an update from manufacturing to update me of the new ETA, whether this is days, months or years I have no idea. I  haven't actually been informed of a parts shortage, that's just an assumption based on other comments made on this board.

Assuming a shortage, E-Value codes N0017S30 and N0017S34 , two identical machines, exactly the same spec aside from one at 6gb Ram, the other (my order) at 8gb. Why is one (the more expensive after discount) showing next day shipping, 16th April at the time of posting, yet the other (more expensive before discount, cheaper after) shows next day shipping of 20th May and limited quantities? What exactly is the shortage causing a month's difference, 2GB of RAM?! A lcd panel, processor or GPU I could understand, but 2gb of RAM (the only discrepancy)? 

Maybe I'm missing something obvious and I stand  to be corrected, but it's hard not to be curious if not suspicious.

Nick

1 Message

April 16th, 2013 03:00

Hi Dell

I just want to leave this message to say what a great you are and always have been when dealing with customers problems and request. My personal experience anyway. But with regards to your delivery service - Walsh western, it fails on almost every level to be a successful courier service (maybe the only thing they do right is pick up the phone when you need to ask about tracking).

I ordered an xps 14 ultrabook on the 03 April 2013. Understandably it would take maybe until the 9th or 10th of April, so I waited (patiently) for the laptop to arrive. Upon being forwarded my tracking code which lead to Walsh westerns site, the days rolled in with not very much updates when it reached the UK and an ETA of 10th April.

The tracking was never updated to the time specified on the page. For example if i refreshed several times around 5pm and then all of a sudden, new tracking information for the day before would have shown - not very useful if its meant to be real-time tracking. The status only changed when I had to ring them (premium service) to find out why there was a delay, only then they picked the laptop from hold. 

I rung Walsh western who said (at this point it was the 12th of april) it would be prioritzed to be shipped on Friday to Ireland (through DPD) and be with me on Monday)

It is now the 16th of April and no site of the laptop. Quite honestly I've never had such a bad delivery experience with ordering anything from the internet. If there was a delay, they could have at least updated it to say "delayed due to..." otherwise.

I will still buy from Dell but would appreciate the use of a different, more effective, well established, responsive delivery courier.

I would appreciate some sort of compensation (from Walsh Western) for this as people plan ahead for delivery ETA's and when they are not met, there are some bad decisions made with regards to working people.

I appreciate your response.

Stephen

No Events found!