Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 10th, 2011 06:00

Walsh Western Issues thread

We apologize for all the Walsh Western tracking issues. This is a USA based Forum. You should contact the Customer Service teams for your country to address Walsh Western issues. They will be better equipped to see your UK/Ireland order number and the tracking data.

Walsh Western Contact information:
Ellesmere Port, UK Phone:+44 (0)151 350 1005
Havant, UK Phone:+44 (0)2392 244 700
Hinckley, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 62 2500
Lutterworth, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 204 610

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

December 18th, 2013 07:00

[Deleted - on reflection, let's see how the thing pans out before slating them.  Merry Christmas!]

December 20th, 2013 03:00

OK, so a positive story this time.  But not without the usual foibles of the WW tracking etc.

Placed my order on 4th December for an Alienware product - fairly obviously for Christmas!

Dell store was showing shipping as 11th December so I had no delivery worries (then!).  When the order was placed, the Expected Delivery Date was stated as 19th December.  Still not worried, plenty of time for Christmas.

Order went into production status and sat at that stage for about a week, which I thought was a bit odd.  

Then I got an email on 15th December saying "high demand - expected delivery date is now 31st December".  Aaaarrghh!!!

So called customer services first thing Monday and, politely, asked what they were going to do to rectify Christmas for me!  I realised there was little they were really going to be able to do (one of the downsides of dealing with such a large company), but she did say that she thought the order was more progressed than I could see, and she would try to put a priority note on it for me.

I also fed this back to the @dellcares twitter account, and they said the same - they could see it as about to ship, and I should check back in a couple of days for an update.

True enough, a day and half later the status had now switched to "shipped", but the Dell page said that I would only be able to see a link to the delivery tracking in 7-12 business days!!??!  

Anyway, next morning the link was there (much faster than the minimum 7!) and that was the WW order tracking details, which showed 20th December delivery.  Looking good!

I then got an email from them saying delivery 8am to 8pm 20th December, which was at least consistent.  Then the WW system started showing a 19th December EDD!!  Bizarre.

Anyway, yesterday saw a few updates showing me it was swapping into the hands of Business Post (UKMail), and lo and behold it did in fact turn up on the 20th.

So was the 31st December panic an error on Dell's part?  In the end, it has been delivered just one day later than I expected when the order was confirmed, or have they expedited my delivery because I called customer services?  

The whole tracking system is very poor for an organisation the size of both WW and Dell - I really expected something much slicker.  It feels like something from online ordering in the late 90s!!

Anyway, alls well that ends well, even if the process was filled with anxiety and uncertainty!

Matt

1 Message

December 24th, 2013 09:00

Ordered my Venue 11 pro on the 9th with an expected delivery time of the 20th well in time for Xmas I thought.  At the last minute it gets changed to the 31st.

So thanks for that Dell.

I only wished I'd read this thread first and ordered from a different manufacturer.

I won't make that mistake again.

13 Posts

December 27th, 2013 00:00

I sent an email asking Dell to look at this thread and do something about it. It seems that they did, I received a phone call and an emailed apology 3 months late. Then it seems several posts on Tuesday were deleted including mine suggesting mailing <ADMIN NOTE: Non-public info removed as per TOU>. This seems to get read.

13 Posts

January 18th, 2014 07:00

Stop deleting stuff and fix the problems.... not a tricky concept for a company that wants to stay in business. Bizarre.  

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 18th, 2014 10:00

pciltd,

You can choose to follow our Forum policies or not, your choice. We will act accordingly. You cannot post the private Dell email addresses of non-Social Media Dell employees. If you had read my post at the start of this thread you will see why we on the Forum cannot "fix the problems". All we can do from the USA is let our UK/Ireland partners know what you are saying.

13 Posts

January 20th, 2014 01:00

As Chris M from Dell keeps telling me, this forum cannot help.

If you contact Dell in Bracknell, they can initiate a search. In my case this took a few days at the end of which they concluded that my laptop had been stolen in transit, while in the custody of Walsh Western. It was scanned in their head quarters but never made it to the regional depot. Not only are Walsh Western useless but they either employ thieves or allow thieves access to our goods.  

The e-mail that I mentioned above (that contained the deleted e-mail address), was not offensive at all, it simply asked a senior Dell official to look at this thread and take on board the difficulties and frustrations that we have all had. It was entirely constructive, trying to assist Dell in improving customer service and to stop the loss of customers through dreadful experiences.

From the response I got, nothing was learned, no improvements were thought to be required. I do not understand why Walsh Western is still used.

When they are satisfied that your laptop has been stolen, they will offer you a replacement which will effectively put your order back to day 1. ie you won't see a replacement for several weeks if you are lucky. Even the replacement for the one stolen in the charge of Walsh Western, will be shipped via "the slow boat from China" with Walsh Western. I opted for a refund which took a few days. Don't expect an apology or explanation for you inconvenience.

3 Posts

January 20th, 2014 01:00

The Walsh Western Track & Trace page still says my laptop is expected to arrive on 15th - five days ago!  The UK handlers, UK Mail have lost it (sorry, their terminology is that they "cannot locate it"!) and NOBODY seems to care.

I could have walked down to my local PC store after Christmas, bought a high spec laptop and brought it home that day.  Instead I decided to order a Dell - and nearly a month later have no laptop and no information.

NOT happy!

1 Message

January 21st, 2014 00:00

You will probably know or soon know that Walsh Western tracking is a pretty useless intermediary. The delivery process at Dell seems to work in two stages. Stage 1, Walsh Western getting your product into the UK, Stage 2 - Walsh Western pass it onto Business Post/ UK Mail. Throughout both stages Walsh Western act as the go to company responsible for the logistics of your delivery.

I found it possible to track stage 2, the UK Mail delivery in more detail using the information provided by Walsh Western to use UK Mail tracking facility where it is possible to view & change the delivery date* and arrange to collect the package at the depot*.

Go to your Walsh Western tracking page provided by Dell Select and copy the 9 digit Order Number from the Walsh Western URL (starts with 02)

eg...http://wwxcom08.walshwestern.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=utrack2_liv_brk/dell5.w?Cust_No=02*******&Order_No=02*******

Go back to the the UK Mail tracking page https://www.ukmail.com/manage-my-delivery/manage-my-delivery

Paste the 9 digit Order Number in the Customer reference box and enter your delivery postcode

Upon clicking FIND YOUR PARCEL you get further information in stage 2 of the delivery, there are links to change the delivery date* and arrange to pick the order up from the depot*.

Why Dell don't give us this information I do not know, hopefully it will be of help to those who have or continue to struggle waiting for their delivery. I used it on the morning of my delivery and it updated me several hours earlier than Walsh Western tracking page that the order was out for delivery.

Best of luck...

* please not I didn't use these features myself as I was satisfied with my delivery date, so am unsure if they work completely

3 Posts

January 21st, 2014 02:00

Yes, the response is exactly as you describe. I asked about a refund, but was told this would take several days. As we are away for a few days, the replacement will (hopefully) be well on its was before we would have been able to get the refund and walk down to PC World. I also asked them to relay my dissatisfaction with the delivery process, and they said this would be noted on my account.  no, I said, that's no good - you need to tell those in charge!  I was told they would certainly be aware. I have my doubts! DO you let the partners know what we are saying? My laptop has (presumably) been stolen, and the "alleged" thief is getting away with it. I'm hardly alone - and I needed the laptop urgently. My frustration with the (apparent) lack of concern or understanding from Dell is hard to put into words.  Suffice it to say I will never, ever, recommend Dell to friends - and I will never buy from Dell again.

1 Message

January 21st, 2014 08:00

Wow. I wish I had seen Chris M's comment from 18 Jan before I ordered my laptop. Maybe the name of the forum should be changed from "Customer Care Board" to "Dell Doesn't Care Board".

A business email address can never be regarded as private.Maybe Dell needs a lesson in internet etiquette.

13 Posts

January 21st, 2014 09:00

It was the e-mail address of a certain Mr Dell. Not exactly a private e-mail, probably the address of somebody who should be concerned about this debacle.

I think what was being said, to paraphrase, was "You're on your own Lymies, have a nice day"!

February 5th, 2014 02:00

WOW!!!

Now i wish i didnt order!!! 1400€ for the xps 12 , but my question really is why dell do not ship from Poland since most of the complaints are within Europe, i thought they deliver from the nearest manufacturing facility...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 5th, 2014 05:00

owarman,
Why Dell don't give us this information I do not know..
* We were never told this by UK Dell. I will add it to my 1st post in this thread.

WBUK,
A business email address can never be regarded as private.
* Not true for Dell. Only us in Social Media can have our email address posted. All other Dell email address are private.

February 6th, 2014 05:00

PLEASE disregard the above!!!!

I ordered, the delivery date from dell was initially the 17th of February 2014, a month away pretty much, then the order was completed and Walsh wetern put an eta date of 10/02/2014.

i just checked the order, it arrived to DPD ireland athlone, and i spoke to them and i will have it tomorrow the 7th of February 2014. good experience i am glad i will be receiving my order early.

i am posting this as i was scared after reading all the comments, so other customers would not have a the same fear i had...

No Events found!