Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 10th, 2011 06:00

Walsh Western Issues thread

We apologize for all the Walsh Western tracking issues. This is a USA based Forum. You should contact the Customer Service teams for your country to address Walsh Western issues. They will be better equipped to see your UK/Ireland order number and the tracking data.

Walsh Western Contact information:
Ellesmere Port, UK Phone:+44 (0)151 350 1005
Havant, UK Phone:+44 (0)2392 244 700
Hinckley, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 62 2500
Lutterworth, UK Phone:+44 (0)1455 204 610

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

2 Posts

May 10th, 2011 06:00

Ok, so I ordered my desktop computer on the 7th of May 2011... it is a simple buy, pretty much stock build so there were no delays in production. HOWEVER now it has gotten to the "shipped" stage. I have been given a link to track/trace my order on the walsh western website, but the page isn't working

Click on the "track here" or "order shipped" links on my order status page, both take me to a blank webpage, with only Walsh Western logo, 'version

2 Posts

May 11th, 2011 06:00

Hi

Thanks, but it was just me being impatient with the system. The details eventually filled the blank page. Though the system is still extremely confusing;

(1) the track and trace is not accurate or real time, which makes it quite pointless. 

(2) defining 'shipping' and 'being delivered' should be made clearer, from what I have now learned; shipped indicates that a company has given/giving the item TO te delivery people... THEN it actually gets delivered. 

(3) the Synview system does not work either (https://seal.syncreon.com/synview-online.moc/360.syn/system_selection.p?SESSIONID=A44D746F-7571-6BA9-11E0-7BCBF370F0D6)... The order number works fine, but the customer number requires us to remove the GB1 and add 02 to make the 9 digit customer number work. I only found this out through some other forum. 

Yeah, the computer was made pretty quick, and I suppose you are giving us plenty of information on stuff... but you need to address your clarity and smooth out some obvious glitches. 

9.4K Posts

May 11th, 2011 06:00

Hi MrTJGale,

Sorry for the shipper's website having a problem.  If you could send me your order number or even the tracking number Privately, by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page click "send message", I'll see if I can find it for you.  Please do not post your numbers or personal information here.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

9.4K Posts

May 13th, 2011 06:00

MrTJGale,

Glad to hear your order has shipped.  While we make every effort to keep our customers informed as of the status of their order, it appears as though the shipper's website in this case may have had some problems.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'll forward this to the team that handles relationships with the shippers to address these types of issues.

Regards,
Robert

7 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 23:00

Hi, I have my PC coming via Walsh Western.

When I click the tracking number I too get a blank page and it does not load at all ?

Kind regards......John

9.4K Posts

June 24th, 2011 06:00

Hi Bearhammer,

Sorry you are having difficulties with Walsh Western's website. 

If you could send me your order number or even the tracking number Privately, by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page click "send message", I'll see if I can find it for you. Please do not post your numbers or personal information here. Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

1 Message

February 2nd, 2012 01:00

I am having the same problem with my order... blank page when following the Walsh Western's link.

February 23rd, 2012 04:00

The Walsh Western tracking is absolute garbage, along with their website in general. Or at least the parent company you get thrown to without at clear link between them WWI. Dell emailed me saying the delivery ETA is today but nothing exists to see if that's true from WWI. Poor.

2 Posts

July 6th, 2012 02:00

Just found this thread and surprised to see it go back so long!

Delivery was shipped 4 days ago with an ETD of today but none of the tracking details are on the Walsh Western site.

"Please note: It may take up to 4 business days (while the package is in Transit) before the carrier shows detailed tracking information on their website."

What's the point in that?  The package will probably have been delivered by that time!!

1 Message

July 23rd, 2012 03:00

It's no better in July 2012 either. The link that Dell give doesn't work and doesn't look like it ever would. It doesn't do Dell's reputation any good to be putting duff links in their pages for customers to follow. Given how long this has been going on it doesn't bode well for their ability to respond to customer issues by continuing to put present broken links to customers. Our time is valuable, we don't want to spend days waiting for a package to arrive.

15 Posts

July 26th, 2012 04:00

I'm very much in the same situation.

I only ordered a PC a few days ago and was told the estimated date would be about 2 weeks later by dell, now I understand how this works and it's not very often the case it takes 2 weeks but it covers them, so i thought i'd at least keep an eye on it to make sure I didn't miss any vital information.Dell themselves built and got the PC out for shipping pretty rapidly, so fair play to them for that. It took them about a day.

So i'm now stuck with it saying shipping and a link to a pretty much blank page. I've tried to put my order number in manually, even with changing the GB's to 02 etc (which seems a little odd to have to do anyway) and it just can't find my page.

I realise dell do state that it could take 4 business days for any sort of tracking to turn up but walsh western should at least acknowledge your parcel if they are providing tracking, leaving a blank page leaves us a bit in limbo. I'm sure it's me just being impatient for something i'm looking forward to get my hands on but at the moment i don't know if it's coming today, tomorrow, 2 weeks. I need to sort out someone being at home to take the delivery, i assume i'll get plenty of notice when it is turning up but this blank page just seems a little strange to me.

Update: just to add to my previous post, the only way i could view my order progress was through the link and an email from dell, i didn't show up in my account for some reason. This link is now timing out and not working so i can no longer get to that page which results in not being able to click the track link anyway.

August 25th, 2012 02:00

Hi

I'm having problems tracking my order using the link provided for Walsh Western

Even when I have replaced the first 3 digits of the Customer Number with '02', I get the following message: ' Order Number entered did not match the Customer Number

Where can I get the necessary correct info so that I can access my tracking details?

Any Admin out there?

1 Message

August 29th, 2012 14:00

I have the same problem where I click on the tracking number link on the order status web page and it takes me to the walshwestern web page.. but there's no tracking info.. which is very worrying. I then go to syncreon's my order page and the order number doesn't match the customer number. 

It doesn't give me any confidence in Dell's carriers or Dell's products. 

Admin.. please advise. This is e-commerce at its worst.

1 Message

September 29th, 2012 08:00

Hi everyone,

I too am having difficulties with the tracking. From Walsh Western tracking it says this:

28/09/12 11:53 DPD - IRELAND ARRIVED DPD IRELAND
27/09/12 16:38 WWI - HINCKLEY ORDER DISPATCHED FROM HUB.
27/09/12 16:38 WWI - HINCKLEY FIRST BOX SCANNED OUT OF HUB.
27/09/12 11:32 WWI - HINCKLEY MERGE ITEMS PICKED.
26/09/12 21:30 PLAN COMMITTED NOTE.
25/09/12 20:00 LODZ

DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY

So my item seems to have arrived at DPD in Ireland - at the main hub though or my local depot? My ETA is for Monday but I've had zero calls to confirm date of delivery and my order number finds no order at all on the DPD website. In your experience do you think this will come on Monday or later in the week? I was really expecting a call or e-mail to confirm delivery but bit worried now since there is no record with DPD and no movement over weekend if it's not already at my local depot which I presume it isn't. I also tried to ring Walsh Western but again there is no record of my order with my Dell order number.. all very strange. 

2 Posts

October 13th, 2012 08:00

Guess what - October 2012 and exactly the same error on that page. Why doesn't Dell sort this. My delivery is for an upgrade purchase to replace a faulty Dell Inspiron 15 SE - kid's birthday present. Not exactly great customer service, is it!

No Events found!