Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2016 05:00

Warranty transfer

I'm interested in purchasing abroad either UltraSharp UP2516D or UltraSharp UP2715K display. I've read something about international warranty transfer so I'm wondering is it applicable to any of these? Also, one of these is bundled with 3-Years Advance Exchange Service - if warranty turn out to be transferable, what about this? Thank you!

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

November 11th, 2016 17:00

Hi Ksasha,

Monitors may not always be eligible for international warranty transfers.  Here some additional information.

One thing you should check, prior to your purchase, is if the specific product is available in the country you are transferring to. You can do this by going to dell.com, then scroll down to the very bottom right and change the country selection to view the products available there. If it is not, there is a good chance it will not be supported in that country.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

November 13th, 2016 13:00

Thank you for prompt response!

I've checked, and only one of those monitors is available in my country (UP2516D). Is there any way to tell for sure am I gonna be able to do warranty transfer for it or not? Reviewing customer contract is suggested for warranty transfer eligibility of a product, however I haven't purchased that item yet and I'm not sure where to look for additional information (I was looking to purchase monitor in question in Germany). Thank you in advance!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 15th, 2016 07:00

You can do this by going to dell.com, then scroll down to the very bottom right and change the country selection to view the products available there. If it is not, there is a good chance it will not be supported in that country.  

I found the monitor in the German site, but I'm unable to read the details about what warranty it has, because I don't understand German.  Perhaps a call to Customer Care in Dell Germany would answer your questions.  Thanks.

No Events found!