Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

November 26th, 2013 07:00

Website error, No customer support follow up.

I am so tired of being transfered or never called back, I really hope someone can help with this because I have lost all faith in Dell. I have all the emails from Dell aswell as the screens shots to prove my situation. Here is a copy of the letter I sent to the unresolved issue email on the Dell website. I got an auto response saying I would be contacted in 24 hours; it's been 5 days. I have been dealing with an ongoing problem since November 5, and I hope you are able to help me out. I am a long term Dell customer and up until recently a share holder who has always though every highly of the company. I was looking at purchasing a new XPS 15 to replace my old XPS, I have been looking at them for weeks trying to figure out which one I wanted to purchase. As I have spent much time on your website almost every banner add on every other website was an advert for Dell. On one page there was one to save on XPS systems. I clicked it to find that the system I had been looking at was available for $1099. But when I went to make the purchase and add the system to the cart it would show up at $1899. I quickly went to the chat option and explained the situation. I was told the $1099 price was for the older XPS 15s not the new ones with the 4th generation Intel Haswell processors I had been looking at. As I still had the webpage open I checked it to confirm the price was for the newer systems. He advised me to call order support to deal with the situation. I called and spoke to Allie (who has been helpful throughout this ordeal). I explained the situation and asked that I email her a screen shot showing the price and the system details. She confirmed that the page was showing the new XPS with the $1099 price, but was unable to do anything until her manager could look at it. For the next week I emailed her to keep checking the status of my system, I was told her manager was on vacation and would help me on his return. She finally emailed me Tuesday saying they were unable to match the price and to call Customer Care with any other problems. I have called customer care over 5 times now; they first insisted I needed to call the sales person. When I called Allie back she told me I had to call customer care, this process went on for multiple calls being told to call other groups and being disconnected as well as not receiving promised return calls. I have grown extremely upset with the way I have been treated, I explain the situation over and over again just to be transferred or disconnected. I have no order number as I have never placed the ordered but I do have all the emails with Allie and the screen shot I sent to her. I really hope you can help me with this situation, I buy personally and professionally from Dell and I would hate to have a situation like this end a relationship of over ten years.

What concerns me is I was directed to the price from a banner add. How do I know it was an error and not just a bait and switch?  What is further frustrating is the fact Dell customer support has neglected to follow up with me in any way after being promised numerous times.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

OliverB360,

Dell is not going to agree to the price of a sales website mistake. We will simply fix the sales site mistake. The bottom of the sales page states, "Dell reserves the right to cancel orders arising from pricing or other errors.". If we can cancel a generated order over this issue, we can certainly refuse to use a screenshot of said error.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 26th, 2013 08:00

Dell is an ethical company. We do not do bait and switch. Bottomline, you are trying to get $800 worth of hardware for nothing because of a sales site mistake. That is not going to happen. As for the agents not following up, I agree, that is unexcusable.

No Events found!