Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2016 14:00

Where is my refund?

Why Dell takes so much time to make the necessary refund?

I sent the box back around December 23rd.

At least some kind of status/communication would be helpful. 

This kind of customer interaction really makes me think that if I am going to buy another product from Dell. Instead, I will be fine with paying more and buying it from Amazon or other platforms who processes these within days and communicates to he customers on time. 

7 Posts

January 21st, 2016 18:00

Just now checked my statement and I received my refund from DELL. Still no communication through any media. 

It is really strange - why DELL doesn't communicate with customer properly.

I really have to think thrice before buying an expensive product from DELL and I don't think I am gonna recommend any body on buying anything from DELL online store. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2016 14:00

Hi shourjya, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused. Without access to your customer account records, I can only address your experience in general terms. 

If an order ships and is declined while with the carrier, you may not be credited for the return. Generally, it is better to accept the item and receive a Credit Return Authorization (CRA) number to speed up the credit process. The order must be returned to Dell before any credit process may begin. 

Before returning a product, you MUST first contact Dell customer service and obtain a CRA number before the end of the applicable return period. Dell may not accept returns without a CRA number. To find the appropriate phone number, or to send an email to customer service to request a CRA number, go to Dell.com/contact or see the "Contacting Dell" or "Getting Help" section of your customer documentation. If you initiated a CRA, then you would be provided a return shipping label. You would be able to track the return shipment to Dell and know when the item has been received. 

Once all authorized return items are marked received in our database, then the credit process begins. As a mail-order merchant, Dell is given thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the merchandise to refund your credit to the original method of payment.  Dell operates within those guidelines to credit your account. 

I hope this information is helpful. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us here on the Dell Community Forum.

Thank you for your patience,
Lorna

No Events found!