Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2015 09:00

Where to file a complaint?

I purchased a Dell Laptop and received it at the beginning of December. When I opened the box, unfortunately there was no product key for the Microsoft Office Home and Business which I purchased with my order. The software was already pre-loaded

I have called Dell almost daily and emailed just as much. Only to be bounced around to "tech support." It is now the ending of December and I still have not received my Product Key. I have asked for a refund, and still Dell has not delivered it. 

I have asked for a local representative as the Tech Support for some odd reason are calling me at 10:00pm to "troubleshoot" when I keep explaining that it is not a technical issue with the laptop - but a mere product key that was lacking in the box.  Tech support has not passed on my request to have a local representative contact me. I have also asked for a refund - again Dell has ignored me. 

At one point a tech support personnel asked if I had purchased extended warranty and when i said no, he stated he was going to transfer me back to basic support. First, I never called him directly and was transferred to him, and second, what kind of customer support is that.

Is there someone or somewhere that I can launch a formal complaint? Does anyone know?

This saddens me as I have purchased from Dell extensively in the past. I am disappointed that Dell's customer service has declined over the years. My experience is that it is almost non-existent at this point. My ongoing experience for nearly a month has left me wanting a mere refund for my software purchase and I will likely never buy from Dell again. Extremely disappointed. Unacceptable.

Thanks,

Really frustrated

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

December 26th, 2015 10:00

I would send a private message to Dell-Lorna M and see if she can help you with either the product key or a refund. 

Good Luck!!! I have a service request open since 9th of Nov.

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

One thing you can do is try Unresolved Issues.  From what I hear that is a special division for Customers who have not had their issues resolved. 

2 Posts

June 14th, 2016 10:00

I am having the same problem. It has been more than one month that I am still struggling  with DELL SUPPORT and DELL CUSTOMER CARE (They use the "care" in a funny way) I sent the laptop to DELL for a disk replacement, a followed support recommendation to update my Windows 10, and I scheduled a technician visit to replace the mother board and disk. No one of these worked. I still have the useless laptop and the problem was never solved. When I contacted DELL CUSTOMER CARE, they didn't care about my problem, the representative, Francisco O Gallardo, just ignored me and closed the session when I asked, repeatedly, to provide me an email address to contact another person to solve the problem. 

I was forced to buy another laptop to replace the defective DELL laptop. DELL products are really getting a low quality parts made in the cheapest country they have found. The Support and Customer Care centers are hiring people who only target is to make points without caring about the customer.

I have been a loyal customer for more than 7 years and this is the way DELL deals with its customers. Now, I have a useless defective product on my desk and DELL doesn't care about that. They took my money, made their profit and never cares about the customer.

Please, don't buy any DELL products in the future if you are reading this post. Never ever even if it for free. You really don't want to deal with their CUSTOMER CARE center.

No Events found!